different soundstage from different sources
May 14, 2015 at 10:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

visualbinam

New Head-Fier
hi
this is my first post here. this week i decided to buy budget DAP with some good phones to go with. i got the HiFiMAN HM-700 with HiFiMAN RE-400B IEM.
i'm quite enjoying the quality of the pair especially comparing to my previous player and headphones. my only problem is that the soundstage is somehow absent when i pair them together. i've tested a lot of different songs and albums especially live performances and classical music. with my previous gear i pretty much could feel the soundstage even if narrowly and when i use the RE-400B with for example my laptop which has a very poor sound card i can feel the soundstage reasonably wide. but when i pair them together and listen to the same songs there's no soundstage. does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here? i'm not much of an audiophile myself and this is my first DAP and IEM.

May 14, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 2
Don't know any of your specific equipment.  However, the size, shape and quality of soundstage can be affected by each and every piece of kit  in your audio chain, as well as by how well/poorly they each interact with one another.

This is exclusive of electronic "enhancing" that might be available with certain pieces of that kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back