Different e4c models (e4c, e4, i4c, E4C-N, etc.)
Feb 19, 2006 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dcabbar

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I request price quota from some company, and they have listed 6 different models (E4C is about 20-30 dollars cheaper than the rest):

E4C (white)
E4 (gray)
E4C-N (black)
E4G (black)
i4C (white)
i4Ct (white)

Can someone please explain why e4 is more expensive than e4c and what is the difference between all these models?

Thanks...

Feb 19, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcabbar
Hi,

I request price quota from some company, and they have listed 6 different models (E4C is about 20-30 dollars cheaper than the rest):

E4C (white)
E4 (gray)
E4C-N (black)
E4G (black)
i4C (white)
i4Ct (white)

Can someone please explain why e4 is more expensive than e4c and what is the difference between all these models?

Thanks...

Shure E4 models should all have the same prices...you could check with earphonesolutions.com for pricing ... and you could even get a 30% off ... check Shure Discount @ Earphonesolutions.com

Feb 19, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 5
The company I mentioned in my post was earphonesolutions, and as I mentioned, e4 was about $20 more than e4c. I thought they were the same product, hence price should be same, but for some reason it is not.

Feb 19, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 5
The E4s are all the same except for color and I believe E4g has a shorter cord.

One person posted claiming that the black E4 (E4g, I think) had more bass, and the Shure spokesperson on this board (Sugarfried) promptly shot him down. I believe the perception of more bass is caused by the black covering
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 5
dcabbar: Sorry for the pricing differences. Authorized dealers will pay different amounts for the different colors depending on how many they sell. So if a dealer sells more E4c, they pay less for it. It's up to them if they want to pass that savings on to customers.

Also, FYI: The I Series (I4c, I4ct) are earphones that have a microphone and a separate plug for cell phone use, so they are priced differently altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back