Differences between the Stax SR 507s and SR 407s? Are there any real differences between each models' earspeakers?
Jun 12, 2015 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Scottsmrnyc

500+ Head-Fier
What's inside the earspeakers of the SR 507s? Are the insides the same or are the insides different? I know that the colors of each of the models are different; one is a black color and the other a brown color. I also know that the headbands have a slightly different design and insignia. The cable on the SR 407s look a bit thicker and perhaps more substantial than that of the SR 507s. The earspeaker cables on both models look the same. So I am just a little curious about this as the price points are substantially different with the SR 507s at around $1300.00 USD and SR 407s at around 700.00USD. 

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 2
  What's inside the earspeakers of the SR 507s? Are the insides the same or are the insides different? I know that the colors of each of the models are different; one is a black color and the other a brown color. I also know that the headbands have a slightly different design and insignia. The cable on the SR 407s look a bit thicker and perhaps more substantial than that of the SR 507s. The earspeaker cables on both models look the same. So I am just a little curious about this as the price points are substantially different with the SR 507s at around $1300.00 USD and SR 407s at around 700.00USD. 

For whatever it's worth, I owned the 407's and added the original ear pads of the 507 which I ordered from Japan. I believe the leather ear pads are the only difference. I compared the 407 with 507 pads along side a 507 and could not tell any difference. I have large ears and found them uncomfortable to wear. I eventually sold them for that reason. The ear openings of the pads are quite small and rather odd shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back