Differences between the RS1 and RS2
May 24, 2003 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
Hey im lookin to upgrade to a pair of RS-?s because i just bought a RA-1 and i love the RS-1s sound. Now the question how much different are these two phones, i really dont think i have enough money to buy used RS-1s, ill barely have enough to buy used RS-2s for a good price. Im hoping some people here can say that these arent much different at all and that would make me happy. Most impressions on this board very wildely i think because of lack of experience with these phones so im hoping that theres one or two people here who have used this ENOUGH TO MAKE A DECENT COMPARISON so that i wont just get more confused
thanks
chris

May 25, 2003 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 6
I had rs-1s and rs-2s. I like the rs-1s better, the rs-2 seems to forward and wears me out when I want to listen for longer periods. I actually like the sr-225 best of all. It is the best balanced, with the most relaxed upper midrange. Get a pair of vwaps modded senn pads and you would have both an excellent headphone and comfort, for a lot less money.
wink.gif

I have owned sr-100/125 /200/225/rs-2/rs-1 and hp-1 and the sr-225 is the only grado I continue to own. Its certainly not as good as the upper grados at bass or perceived soundstage size; nor as neutral and refined as the older grados, but overall its the most enjoyable to me. The 225 is fast, dynamic and detailed but not over the top. The 225 is an exciting headphone thats not fatiguing in my system. When I had all these grados I always went back to the 225s.

May 25, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 6
I have heard the whole line of Grados and have own a lot of them, including the HP-1000s.

The RS-2 sounds are exactly like the SR-325. The only different appears to be the ear cups. Therefore I strongly belive that the RS-2 are a complete waste of money when you can get the SR325 for much less or even better the MS-2.

The RS-1 sound a lot better and pairs great with the RA-1. Connect these with great cables to a killer source for a high-end system.

May 25, 2003 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
The RS-2 sounds are exactly like the SR-325. The only different appears to be the ear cups. Therefore I strongly belive that the RS-2 are a complete waste of money when you can get the SR325 for much less or even better the MS-2.

KR...

You don't know how happy you've just made me
biggrin.gif

I questioned my own judgement a couple of times in my 'woodie' thread, after I a/b'd the 325 and the RS2 side by side, and only heard the very slightest of difference... but now you've independently agreed with me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2003 at 2:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks now all i can hope for is that my speakers on Ebay sell for alot more than what theyre currently at (Theyre at $175 with 12 hours for $600 PSBs) so that i can just go straight to the RS1's

May 26, 2003 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the Grado info, people. This will be great reference for my next headphone decision. I share a lot of similar feelings about the difference in models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back