differences between older MAD ear amps and newer versions
Jan 30, 2008 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jivetrain

New Head-Fier
i recently bought an older version of the ear+ purist HD and noticed a few differences between it and the current version sold at mapletree audio; the main difference i can see is that the newer version has two headphone jacks for high and low impedance headphones; mine has a single 'one size fits all' jack. otherwise, i can only see minor differences in the new amps, like a fancier looking power switch and red LED as opposed to the green in mine.

but are there any internal differences that have taken place over the years that i should know of, or have the guts of the ear+ HD remained pretty much the same all this time? unlike the rest of this board i'm obsessive compulsive and can't help wondering what i could be missing out on.

Jan 30, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 2
Check out the latest issue (Nov 2007) of Dr P's newsletter available on his website - it provides a very nice overview of the evolution of the MAD headphone amps. I think he describes several minor internal differences (capacitor types?) between the old & current incarnations of the Ear+ HD...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back