Differences between cmoy and Porta Corda?
Dec 29, 2004 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Velvet

100+ Head-Fier
Which one would be better for me? I'm normally using Alessandros now with the Zen and need more volume. I think cmoy would do that, but will the Porta Corda bring more detail or really a big difference to the music when compared to cmoy?

The cmoy would be half of the price from Porta Corda, so I'm not really sure which one should I get. Any opinions?

Dec 30, 2004 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 2
I'll be honest I have been using recommendations and not auditioning equipment first, but ...
I have not auditioned either amp, but I paid for the Porta Corda (coming in 2nd shipment). I also ordered the ms-1 today. This seems to be a popular choice w/ the other members. I can't wait for it all to come.
A simple CMOY will give you more volume. But do you want more? There are people on the forums who can build an amp to match your phones. Remember there are more DIY amps than the CMOY (CHA47, META, etc.). Some CMOY's are much cheaper than the PC. They will sound close to the PC. But you may not like what I like & vice versa.
Basically, how much do you want to spend & how much do you want from the amp? Also, will you take it on the road? A tin will not stand up like an ABS or metal enclosure.
Do a search in the forums. There are many knowledgeable people in the threads (not me). Ask people, maybe PM some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back