Difference in audio quality between iPhone 3G and Touch v2
Jul 22, 2009 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kloan

1000+ Head-Fier
Has anyone who owns both, or has owned both, noticed the difference in sound between the two??

I really liked the sound of my iPod Touch v2. It was balanced, had just the right amount of all frequencies, and sounded great through my UM3X.

I recently picked up a 16GB iPhone 3G, and the sound is quite different. There is more bass, it's slightly boomy, has less midrange detail and noticeably less treble. It just doesn't sound as high end as the Touch did (which I just sold
frown.gif
).

On the positive side, the ADDIEMs sound better through it, though it's unfortunate I don't get to use the volume controls.

I wonder how the 3GS sounds... anyone have that to compare?

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 4
From what you mention, the 3GS is probably closer to the Touch 2G than to the 3G. It's cleaner and more open than the 3G by just a tad, with less bass quantity.

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Hmm, so perhaps they used the same chip in the 3GS as they did in the Touch?

I wonder if there's a site somewhere that has a breakdown of what kind of chips each device uses...

I've also noticed the 3G is quite laggy in comparison to the Touch as well.. I dunno, I just might decide to eBay the 3G and grab a 3GS instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back