difference between the shure Ex and ExC...
Mar 30, 2006 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

SgtE

100+ Head-Fier
I know there are a couple of threads discussing this, but I talked to a representative of a distributor of shure's iem in Europe, and he said that he personally had listened to all non-c and 'c' and said that there was a BIG (he's words) difference in sq between these. Huh? I thought that the only difference were marketing and such...
So what's the deal?

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 22
and oh, are you talking about e4? because e2 for instance, is not black... Distributors of shure in europe charges about twice the 'c' for the ones without the 'c'. How can a cosmetical issue cost that much? Even if the 'c' is aimed towards 'cunsumer' market, I feel it is a really strange strategy. Do they think that musicians aren't aware of the "fact"(?) that there aren't any differences between the two? Who in the world would buy eg E4 when you can buy E4c?

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 22
The "C" designation is for the consumer line. In the case of the E3, and the E4 it means it's a different color. I believe the only difference with the E2 is the package. The E5 and the E5c come with a different variety of accesories. The new "G" line is the gamer line. The G line comes in black and has shorter cables and thinner plugs. The G line is available in the E2, E3, and E4. There is also the "I" line which allows you to connect your DAP and cell phone (there's an inline mic so you can use it as a headset for your phone).

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 22
There is no difference in sound quality. For the E3, E3c and E3g we use the exact same acoustic configuration. Same for E2, E2c, E3g and E4, E4c and E4g.

Sorry for any confusion, I have no idea how anyone can say there are BIG differences.
confused.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried
There is no difference in sound quality. For the E3, E3c and E3g we use the exact same acoustic configuration. Same for E2, E2c, E3g and E4, E4c and E4g.

Sorry for any confusion, I have no idea how anyone can say there are BIG differences.
confused.gif

How about the E5 and the E5c? Same as above ie. No sonic difference?

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 22
This is where Shure dropped the ball in my opinion. What's the point in having different model names for 2 items that have the exact same specifications, with the only difference being the color? I understand the E4c and E4G need to have different names due to cord length, but the E4c should have just been named E4 black. If Apple did the same with the iPod mini by giving each color its own model name, it would've confused the hell out of most people. As it turned out, all 5 colors were collectively known as the iPod mini, and all was well with the world.

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #13 of 22
E5 and E5c are the same product, the included accessories are the only difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back