Difference between OPA134PA and OPA134PAG4?
May 24, 2021 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FritzS

1000+ Head-Fier
What's the difference between OPA134PA and OPA134PAG4?
For what stands 'G4'?
I look at the data sheet and don't found any.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 5
Appears to be just ROHS information: https://forum.digikey.com/t/texas-instruments-e4-g4-suffix-information/95

...nothing else appears to be different.

1624389794985.png

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 5
I've noticed this with a lot of older TI parts. The LM317L is another example. There must be 6-7 'flavours' of that IC just for the TO-92 package option. Same for the OPA134. Some options were carried over from previous manufacturers (National Semiconductor or Burr-Brown).

You'd think that it would be simpler to reduce the inventory and just have 1-2 part numbers, but that opens up another can of worms. A simple part number change can be a big deal for a large manufacturer as they then need to re-qualify their products with the new part. Even if the "new" part really is the same part that they've always bought just with a different part number suffix. Qual is expensive, so they really frown when manufacturers change the data sheet or the part numbers.

Tom

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #5 of 5
I've noticed this with a lot of older TI parts. The LM317L is another example. There must be 6-7 'flavours' of that IC just for the TO-92 package option. Same for the OPA134. Some options were carried over from previous manufacturers (National Semiconductor or Burr-Brown).

You'd think that it would be simpler to reduce the inventory and just have 1-2 part numbers, but that opens up another can of worms. A simple part number change can be a big deal for a large manufacturer as they then need to re-qualify their products with the new part. Even if the "new" part really is the same part that they've always bought just with a different part number suffix. Qual is expensive, so they really frown when manufacturers change the data sheet or the part numbers.

Tom
Very useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back