Difference between NuForce Icon Mobile and nuforce uDAC?
Jul 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

xxmastaxx

100+ Head-Fier
Whats the difference between a NuForce Icon Mobile and a Nuforce uDAC?
They both are amps and DAC and similar price tag.

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #3 of 25
What is a better buy for a DAC and Amp? the uDac or icon mobile? the udac i know isnt portable, but is the output quality better?

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #4 of 25

Quote:
What is a better buy for a DAC and Amp? the uDac or icon mobile? the udac i know isnt portable, but is the output quality better?

I don't know anything about the Icon Mobile, but I keep reading that the uDac is a great product for the money.  Myself, I have the Icon HDP (also not portable) and I love it.  Try a search on the forums for discussion on the uDac and/or the Mobile.

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #5 of 25

Thanks, i will do that.

Quote:

I don't know anything about the Icon Mobile, but I keep reading that the uDac is a great product for the money.  Myself, I have the Icon HDP (also not portable) and I love it.  Try a search on the forums for discussion on the uDac and/or the Mobile.

Aug 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #6 of 25

Quote:
Thanks, i will do that.

Please post your findings here if you could...
smile_phones.gif

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 25

uDAC isnt portable, the Icon Mobile is. The uDAC has a RCA output control. Theres a comparison of the uDAC to the Pico DAC and iBasso D4 and Nuforce Icon.
Quote:
Please post your findings here if you could...
smile_phones.gif

Aug 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 25
The Icon Mobile has both usb and analog inputs, while the uDac only has usb. The Icon Mobile is intended to be used with iPod/iPhone and Mac/PC, the uDac is Mac/PC (and iPad with camera connection kit) only.

Both are portable, though the Icon Mobile is a bit more portable as it has a internal battery.

SQ, same same...

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #9 of 25
icon mobile is better for a mp3 player for its portability then a uDAC for the computer.

Quote:
The Icon Mobile has both usb and analog inputs, while the uDac only has usb. The Icon Mobile is intended to be used with iPod/iPhone and Mac/PC, the uDac is Mac/PC (and iPad with camera connection kit) only.

Both are portable, though the Icon Mobile is a bit more portable as it has a internal battery.

SQ, same same...

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #11 of 25
Icon is a great little dac/amp.  Kicks the crap out of the BitHead I had some years ago.  Maybe improved, different rev by now.  Icon can only be charged via USB.  Has USB in and 1/8" line in.  Line in can be headphone out from MP3 player or line out from MP3 player. Icon has 2 headphone outs.  Another great thing about the Icon or any dac/amp of it's ilk, get a 500gig portable hard drive ($75) and fill it up with music.  Hook that up to any laptop or desktop, download Foobar or some other software player, usb out to the Icon, plug in phones and you got a party in your head.  I use it more like that than as an amp for an iPod.  Works great as amp for Sony HD radio receiver also.

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #13 of 25
read the review and dont see much difference between udac and udac-2

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #15 of 25
arent they both $99?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back