Difference between NAD HP50 & Beyer T51P?
Nov 3, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #33 of 46
I did not enjoy the Urbanite at all and one of the main reasons was it's bloated bass.

The UE9000 has the usual bluetooth and noise cancelling issues. When the NC is turned on It has quite a bit more distortion than wired headphones, the bass is heavy (treble is elevated as well) and the amplification units in the headphones are not the very best. With everything turned off it's a good sounding headphone with a reasonable amount of bass, but don't expect the same resolution as the HP50.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #34 of 46
I did not enjoy the Urbanite at all and one of the main reasons was it's bloated bass.

The UE9000 has the usual bluetooth and noise cancelling issues. When the NC is turned on It has quite a bit more distortion than wired headphones, the bass is heavy (treble is elevated as well) and the amplification units in the headphones are not the very best. With everything turned off it's a good sounding headphone with a reasonable amount of bass, but don't expect the same resolution as the HP50.
oh okay, my friend'll buy Spirit One & maybe I will buy HP50 for home use

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #35 of 46
oh okay, my friend'll buy Spirit One & maybe I will buy HP50 for home use

Be aware that the Spirit One and the Spirit One S are two different headphones! I was not particularly impressed by the original Spirit One myself. It was good, but not great like it's big brother the Spirit Pro. The Spirit One S seems to be a combination of the Spirit One S and Spirit Pro.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #36 of 46
  Be aware that the Spirit One and the Spirit One S are two different headphones! I was not particularly impressed by the original Spirit One myself. It was good, but not great like it's big brother the Spirit Pro. The Spirit One S seems to be a combination of the Spirit One S and Spirit Pro.

ohh okay, I will tell him to buy the s version. Is it better than HP50? if yes, I will get that instead of HP50

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #37 of 46
  ohh okay, I will tell him to buy the s version. Is it better than HP50? if yes, I will get that instead of HP50

As I stated before: I haven't heard the One S myself, so I couldn't tell. Comparing the HP50 to the Spirit Pro, I think the One S is better built and more comfortable than the HP50, but the HP50 will probably best it in sound reproduction.

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #39 of 46
It's build and comfort are not better than the HP50. The sound is very good for it's price and the soundstage is large, but I don't think the M4U 1 tops the HP50 on that front either. I can't say for sure because I have never heard the two next to each other. The hinges make it more portable, but also more vulnerable.
[edit]
By the way, not everyone agrees on the large soundstage. Some say the soundstage is intimate, so it might depend on your head and/or ears.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #40 of 46
It's build and comfort are not better than the HP50. The sound is very good for it's price and the soundstage is large, but I don't think the M4U 1 tops the HP50 on that front either. I can't say for sure because I have never heard the two next to each other. The hinges make it more portable, but also more vulnerable.
[edit]
By the way, not everyone agrees on the large soundstage. Some say the soundstage is intimate, so it might depend on your head and/or ears.
yeah I agree with that, how about dj headphone that under $270?

Nov 7, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #41 of 46
Till now I have not heard a (semi-)portable headphone in the price range of the HP50 that can beat it in terms of sound reproduction. The Spirit Pro is better built and more portable and it comes close with it's performance, but the HP50 still has a better soundstage and overall more pleasing sound to me.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #42 of 46
Till now I have not heard a (semi-)portable headphone in the price range of the HP50 that can beat it in terms of sound reproduction. The Spirit Pro is better built and more portable and it comes close with it's performance, but the HP50 still has a better soundstage and overall more pleasing sound to me.
I have listen to it yesterday, and I feel that HP50 even sound better than HD800. The bass so accurate, and the soundstage decent for closed back headphone

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #44 of 46
I have listen to it yesterday, and I feel that HP50 even sound better than HD800. The bass so accurate, and the soundstage decent for closed back headphone

In some genres, yes, I agree. Especially when I upgrated the cable to the golden gate, the highs gets better. The hp50 made me sell my lcd 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back