Difference between Groove PM20 and ProMedia Ultra 2.0
Apr 13, 2008 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Elk

100+ Head-Fier
This is really a Klipsch speaker question, I hope I'm posting it in the right place. What is the difference between the Groove PM20 and ProMedia Ultra 2.0. It seems that the Groove PM20 is positioned to replace the ProMedia Ultra 2.0 and I wonder how they compare. Especially because the ProMedias are becoming hard to find. I have the ProMedias to supplement my headphone setup when I need to put the sound out in the room. They sound incredible for their size and price. I got some for work and everyone there was blown away. Very nice!

Has anyone heard both?

May 8, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 2
I think the Groove PM20s are based around a single full-range driver, instead of the ProMedia 2.0's dual 2.5" midbass drivers and horn-loaded mylar balanced-dome tweeter. There also seems to be quite a bit less amplifier power. The Groove PM20s seem to be more positioned to compete with smaller 2.0-channel sets like JBL's Duet. There's little of the slightly-forward "Klipsch Sound" from the PM20s, and I doubt you'd find them a fitting replacement for the ProMedia 2.0 speakers. (And yes, I've heard both.)

What I want to know is, why does it seem like Klipsch has headed for the door in the upper levels of the PC audio market? After having heard Razer's new Mako speakers (co-developed with THX), I think the ProMedia 2.1 set provided better midrange and treble performance, though I did prefer the bass of the Razer Mako, which comes from a sealed-enclosure 8" subwoofer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back