Difference between Denon AH-C700's and 751's?
Sep 16, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy1207 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was always under the impression they were the same, but iHeadphones are selling the 700's for £20 less. What gives?
Denon Headphones | Denon SALE Now On!

The C751 has a short cable, with an additional extension lead, and also comes with a carry case.

The C700 just has a 1.2 metre cable, and doesn't come with a case.

Apart from that they are exactly the same.

The deals at iHeadphone are very good. Both usually retail for quite a bit more than £60/£80 in the UK - usually between £100-£150 - one Marketplace seller on Amazon UK is charging £180 for the C700 which is just mental.

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for that, didn't think it was that simple .
The prices are alot cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. I'm tempted, but I'm 17 and don't have £70/£80 lying around
angry_face.gif

I'm trying to save for some super fi's or Sleek's anyway.
Are the Denon's competetive with these?

Sep 16, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy1207 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for that, didn't think it was that simple .
The prices are alot cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. I'm tempted, but I'm 17 and don't have £70/£80 lying around
angry_face.gif

I'm trying to save for some super fi's or Sleek's anyway.
Are the Denon's competetive with these?

I think so, but others would probably disgree. At £60 for the C700 I don't think they'd beat it bang for buck - remember the C751 would usually retail at arpund £130.

I haven't heard either of the others, but I did have some q-Jays (£125) and I think the C700 are far better (but that's just my opinion - I prefer the more warm sound quality of the Denons). Out of the other two you mentioned I'd say the SA6 is the higher rated, but check out some of the threads about the SA6 ... they seem to be having some teething trouble with build quality.

Sep 17, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #5 of 8
I got my pair of C700 from them yesterday and have them burning in at the moment as they sounded horrible straight from the box. Sound wise they are simliar to my Atrio M5 which are heading back for warranty repair. For the £64 delivered I paid I'm more than happy. I've also got a pair of SA6's on the way which should arrive today.

Sep 18, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #7 of 8
Jinxy please let us know how the SA6 compares with your C700.

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jinxy please let us know how the SA6 compares with your C700.

Yeah Jinxy I'd like to know how those three compare. I need to replace my Denon 700s, which I had for less than a month & I'd like to know if I should get the 700/751 again or if I should get the SA6 or M5. I do like the denon bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back