Difference between Beyer DT531 and DT990
Nov 9, 2005 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jlw

Head-Fier
Hello!

What is the difference between The beyer DT531 and DT990 in sound. I miss the bass in the DT531. Will I have more bass in the DT990? Or is DT880 a better coice if I want more bass, then in the DT531?

Regards
Johan
basshead.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 5
I heard the 531 firefly and thought the bass was OK but then I got the 990-pro and wow what great bass they have.

When I watch and listen to movies I found the voice to be too bass heavy so I took off the foam from the drivers and the voice sounds way more natural.

Also there seems like there is more air or sound stage with the foam removed.

Nov 9, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
I heard the 531 firefly and thought the bass was OK but then I got the 990-pro and wow what great bass they have.

When I watch and listen to movies I found the voice to be too bass heavy so I took off the foam from the drivers and the voice sounds way more natural.

Also there seems like there is more air or sound stage with the foam removed.

The drivers, where are they located? :) Im a newbie to headphones. The foam thats located where the ear should be?

Nov 9, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 5
jlw
The drivers are inside the ear cups and the foam is in front of the drivers held on by a plastic ring that is very easy to remove to take the foam out and then return the rings.

Nov 10, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
jlw
The drivers are inside the ear cups and the foam is in front of the drivers held on by a plastic ring that is very easy to remove to take the foam out and then return the rings.

So i need to take apart the headphone???
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back