difference between 325i n ms-2
Jul 27, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 3
There are a trillion threads about that theme. Use the search function please.

Jul 27, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by doty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the difference between these 2 cans?

Since I haven't heard the SR-325i; I can only give a bit of history.

The SR-325i is the latest golden mushroom version of the SR-325 with a new "i"mproved driver(there was a black and then a silver version, both in aluminum with the "Frankenstein Peg" design and with the old driver.) And the (still officially called just the "Music Series Two" name by Alessandro)MS2 has had two designs: The original "Frankenstein Peg look and the newer silver mushroom "Fatboy" design we normally call the MS2i. The MS2/MS2i had not received a driver change when the Grado version got its' update, but it's easier to call the new MS2 the "i" version rather than type out "Fatboy" which was the name the MS2i got back in early'05 and which stuck for a while but was just too many letter to type in, so it was easier just to call the new version with the bigger housing the "i".

And up until about a year ago all MS2 and SR-325/325i were shipping with an intermediate sized headband about halfway between the plastic of the plastic models and the wide leather style pad of the woody Grados' and the MS-Pro, now all SR-325i and MS2i ship with the wide band of the woodies.

Some folks say the MS2"i" and SR-325i sound a whole lot different, some say they don't. I dunno.
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back