Difference a 6.35mm>3.5mm adapter jack can make?
Dec 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FightCat

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a Sennheiser HD650 and Asus Xonar U7 with me purchased very recently.

Since HD650's jack is a 6.35mm one I had to get an adapter jack and I purchasede something from your typical local electronics shop, which looks and is cheap -no fancy stuff.

The adapter's female part is a bit loose -the sound may go mono -as in only L or R- if I touch the joining part- it's that loose.

HD650 is far from being burnt in -so maybe it has something to do with it- or Xonar U7 is not the right choice to feed those cans however I noticed trebles "drowning" at max levels -as in they mix into each other- same thing you'd hear if you'd turn your common TV's volume too much.

So, maybe that adapter jack is eating up too much in between the fancy gadgets it's connecting? Could it be? If not, what else ?

Thanks.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #3 of 5
  Do yourself a favor and buy this

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Mini-Adaptor-Cable-Inch/dp/B001DK1ZVO

Also remind you... if you use that current type of the adapter, due to very high force applied on the jack, it may (probably will) break U7's headphone jack as well.

I already had set my eyes on that however for some weird reason, I could find them from Turkish online retailers today -it was only an Amazon option before which was not available to be shipped to Turkey.

I just ordered one, thank you.

Any idea if it may remedy anything ?

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 5
The whole adapter is tight enough to get rid of issues casued by poor contact.

If this adapter does not solve the problem, you have problems on other part(s) of your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back