Did you guys really think I would be problem free?
Jan 10, 2002 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

melancholypunk

100+ Head-Fier
I thought the Sportapro's were the answer to my problem, but alas the saga continues.

After about half an hour of listening, my ears start to hurt. My monkey ears stick out near the top, so what happens is theres added pressure on my ear (because the pads push my ears) to normal people with flat ears these problems would not exist, damn me!

So here's my question, with all the bigger headphones, Sony V6..etc, how are the pads? I've never worn a big pair before, so in there pressure on your ear (pad inside the big can, or is it kinda hollow so theres nothing on your ear, only around it?
Thanks.

Jan 10, 2002 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 7
Finally, someone else with the same problem!!

I use the KSC-50s and they are comfy (and dirt cheap). They stay on my big-ass ears just fine but I do understand why they wouldn't on others.

Jan 10, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 7
I have the 50s and they are too clunky and heavy. The 35s are praised but i dunno the ear type of these people, because if everyone found the 50's and sporta's comfy, and I dont, there must be a difference. I think ill have to go to a bigger pair for comfort. THe 55s were uncomfy too, pinched my head.

Jan 10, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 7
grab the 35 which is $30 tops and quit complaining
The sportapros are known for being tight, the 50s are known for being klunky, and the 35s are known for being just right. Now why the heck did you pick up the other two and assume that the last (the one that is universally praised) is bad too? What?

Jan 10, 2002 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 7
Opps, I read Portapro, not Sportapro...

I guess I'm the only freak that the Portapros hurt... Even on the light setting.

The 50s stay on my ears nicely. Haven't tried the 35s *yet*.

Jan 10, 2002 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Melancholypunk, I think the same of my ksc50's.
Also, portapros squeeze my ears too (at least when worn behind my head like sony streetstyles), from when i tried a pair of my friend's.
Can't wait to try the ksc35's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back