ghiberti

100+ Head-Fier
just a PIZZA BOX... yeh...
redface.gif

06.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 30
It's a shame that they have to package a pair of phones the worth of one grand in some pizzaresque box...
confused.gif
I mean at least get some plastic box like the HD580 or something. And I doubt that it will drive up the cost in any significant degree at all.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDawg
It's a shame that they have to package a pair of phones the worth of one grand in some pizzaresque box...
confused.gif
I mean at least get some plastic box like the HD580 or something. And I doubt that it will drive up the cost in any significant degree at all.

But you can't really recycle those! Plastic sucks in a degree.

If my pizza guy delivered those... he'd get quite a tip.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 30
Does this really come as a surprise?

Good thing the way a pair of headphones sound is not determined by the box they are packaged in, huh?

It doesn't matter one bit to me either way to be honest. Even if the GS-1000s came in a really fancy wooden box that was lined with velvet and encrusted with diamonds, it would still be put in the closet, never to see the light of day again (unless I sold them). There probably is no way for Grado labs to win in regard to the packaging - if they did go with a fancy box again, it would probably drive the price up, and then people would piss and moan about the price hike.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDawg
confused.gif

The Grado pizza box is actually famously strong. You can hunt around here for stories about RS1s surviving shipping great distances in only a pizza box.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 30
Yeah, wasn't surprised to see that a pizza box would be used to package the GS1000s. If it were to be boxed in a wooden box, the price for them might have been higher.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 30
hey, if the PS-1 can live happily in one, so can the GS1K. go go industrial design!

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #10 of 30
It's all about the sound!

Actually, Grado is MOCKING all of us.
See, the package and its contents are really a symbol for Head-Fiers everywhere: we are driven to live in cardboard boxes after all the money spending, but hey, at least we got quality sound, right?

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
Actually, Grado is MOCKING all of us.
See, the package and its contents are really a symbol for Head-Fiers everywhere: we are driven to live in cardboard boxes after all the money spending

No, Grado is doing a favor by providing us a free box!

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
It's all about the sound!

QFT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back