Did you get your HP 1Gen Shuffle from Buy.com for $40?
Jan 9, 2008 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vvs_75

500+ Head-Fier
Well I got mine today! What the HELL is this?
It came in a small bubble envelop like when you buy broken ipod from eBay.
No box no accessories except ear bugs. Ok I can live with that.
When I unwrapped the shuffle the case made from really cheap plastic with imperfections all over! The on button really ugly. The click button fitted not properly and the forward wheel doesn't click at all! When I plug it in my computer it was recognized by itunes like all ipods but it doesn’t pop up in My computer as an external drive! As far as I remember it should have that ability.
I never have original Apple shuffle but I doubt that they would sell that kind off peace off s***t! So with all that above I think that the internals in it not even close to what was/is in original player and the SQ with it!

This thing going back to the place where it came from!
confused.gif
mad.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 8
sounds about fair for a gen one shuffle. My second came from amazon wrapped like a letter but it was the real deal - as for blemishes - it is a shuffle the most scrarchable of all portables. However , it sounds heavenly if not for just a bit of hiss. To make it show up in finder or explorer you need to enable it in itunes - just use the slider in the contents or information section under the mounted shuffle icon. Cheers

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #3 of 8
Mine came in a lot better shape, but being re-conditioned/used/whatever, I was not expecting something "looking like new".

Like shigzeo said above, "it sounds heavenly if not for just a bit of hiss"
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 8
Wow, I would NOT be happy. I wanted to jump on that deal for a backup too. I think my 1st gen shuffle sounds like its in better shape then that.

EDIT: You need to use itunes to allocate the memory for storage. That is likely why you aren't able to see it as a removable drive.

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 8
I am getting replacement! I like how it sounds, if the sound get a bit better with burn in ( if it really works on such players) I will be quite happy for now.

Jan 10, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am getting replacement! I like how it sounds, if the sound get a bit better with burn in ( if it really works on such players) I will be quite happy for now.

It shouldn't really get better with burnin. Its a push-pull type output system, nothing component wise there really to burn-in. Not to mention its used. I love its quality though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back