Did you ever notice in "The Matrix" that the pilot's headset was part Grado?!?
Mar 24, 2002 at 1:21 AM Post #16 of 18
One of the most popular helicopter/aviation headsets are that are manufactured by ASTROCOM. The US military use them extensively in the Army Airforce and the Navy.

I have a pair of these somewhere that I picked up from an airshow. I use them ocassionaly for my ham radio habit.

Talk about isolation! You hear absolutely nothing from outside with these on. This is hardly surprising though really as they were designed as a dual purpose headset/ear defenders, to block out rotor noise. To be honest, they sound absolutely crap for hifi usage but wired up in mono for use with communications radio's they take some beating. Only the Heil Headsets are better in this respect.

So there you have it. Another useless fact!

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #17 of 18
One of the most popular helicopter/aviation headsets are those that are manufactured by ASTROCOM. The US military use them extensively in the Army Airforce and the Navy.

I have a pair of these somewhere that I picked up from an airshow. I use them ocassionaly for my ham radio habit.

Talk about isolation! You hear absolutely nothing from outside with these on. This is hardly surprising though really as they were designed as a dual purpose headset/ear defenders, to block out rotor noise. To be honest, they sound absolutely crap for hifi usage but wired up in mono for use with communications radio's they take some beating. Only the Heil Headsets are better in this respect.

So there you have it. Another useless fact!

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back