Did you buy K701's NEW? USED?
Mar 12, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #46 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahaa... If Belgium has retailers that offer a refund after six months I obviously live in the wrong country. In the US normally the longest we have for a refund is 30 Days.

Except for a chain of stores called Payless. I once saw them issue a refund for a pair of shoes that had obviously been worn for at least six months. After the fact the manager and I laughed at it. He said that it was company policy, then he tossed the shoes into the trash.

Later

Costco used to be ultimate refund king.
I bought a monitor from there and returned it in 15 months - they refunded it in full. - and bought a bigger, better monitor for cheaper somewhere else.

My uncle bought a plasma TV from there and returned it in 19 months...

It made me wonder if they were ever going to sell cars...
biggrin.gif

Sorry for getting off topic, I'll behave now
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #47 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahaa... If Belgium has retailers that offer a refund after six months I obviously live in the wrong country. In the US normally the longest we have for a refund is 30 Days.

The retailer is german and they have a policy of their own. anyways, im not asking for reimbursement but exchange for other heaphones like HD650 or DT990 '05 250 ohms version, i don't know yet.

Except for a chain of stores called Payless. I once saw them issue a refund for a pair of shoes that had obviously been worn for at least six months. After the fact the manager and I laughed at it. He said that it was company policy, then he tossed the shoes into the trash.

I used warranty for a pair of Sebago Docksides a couple of years ago , i had worn them for 2 months..
Stores usually offers better service when the customer buys the more expensive stuff, i know its unfair , but its the way our system works.

cheers

Mar 14, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #51 of 65
I just bought mine brand spanking new from another head-fier :p
After reading all the threads about those 'phones I had been itching for them for about two months and finally decided to get a pair. I do hope they live up to the expectations, however, I think I will need to do a lot of burn-in before they show their true capabilities. 800+ hours is a lot, but if it matures like fine wine who cares
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,
Frederik

Mar 15, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #53 of 65
I bought my 701s new. I would have bought them used but none were for sale at that time.

Mar 15, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #57 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdhfdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer a new one [K701], because I can play from the beginning

True. A new pair lets the owner carefully monitor the performance of the headphones through break in. With the K701, this transition (i.e. between pre- and post-break in) is quite remarkable and pleasantly surprising..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back