Did we loose Moth Audio?
Oct 2, 2005 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

A3rd.Zero

100+ Head-Fier
I couldn't connect to their website, their phone is disconnected, and I drove by where stereophile said their HQ was and found nothing. Does anyone know if they moved or are they out for good? This would be bad, their gear was quite nice and very reasonable.

Milo

Oct 2, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 17
Craig Uthus was one of the master minds behind Moth Audio. His current endeavor is called Eddie Current. Unfortunately, Moth seems to be history at this point. If you want Moth Audio products you would need to find them used.

Craig's new website site is www.eddiecurrent.com; if you want to contact him about his custom amps, you should call the telephone number because apparently his posted email address doesn't seem to be working properly.

Oct 2, 2005 at 1:12 PM Post #3 of 17
May have this wrong but do you mean the "moth" the UK company or is it another audio company.

The moth group are just a mile or so from my house.

http://www.mothgroup.com
http://www.britishaudio.co.uk/

R
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 17
totally separate companies

The Moth audio site (USA) not only is no more but the "way back machine" caching sporadic so only some of the original content is available.Surprisingly the Moth Cicada loudspeaker driver is still available as are the cabinet plans for download.
The bad news is Moth is no more.The good news is the amps were so well conceived and constructed the product should last a lifetime without requireing servicing.My only regret is i never jumped on a Si2A3.........

Oct 2, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 17
Word, Thanks.

That cicada looked so good. A friend of mine who is an interior designer wanted to use it because she liked the look of the speaker so much.

Milo

Oct 2, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
My only regret is i never jumped on a Si2A3.........

I am almost certain Craig under his new company name Eddie Current makes a similar model using the same Moth Audio chassis and components. It is called something like EC-Si2A3H and I believe next up his product line based on the same chassis is called the Black Rose.

If you still want a Si2A3, I think Craig may only have a few chassis left. You should also call him as soon as possible because he might run out of those chassis. But if he does have a chassis, he’ll probably make you one.

You now are excused for any and all regrets.

Oct 2, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #12 of 17
Rick,

I've been looking for these plans. Would you happen to have them? The Cicada is one of my favorites.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Moth Cicada loudspeaker driver is still available as is the cabinect plans for download........

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by A3rd.Zero
Word, Thanks.

That cicada looked so good. A friend of mine who is an interior designer wanted to use it because she liked the look of the speaker so much.

Milo

I totally agree. I've been looking for a classy, simple all-wood enclosure and immediately thought "that's the one".

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

I've been looking for these plans. Would you happen to have them? The Cicada is one of my favorites.

Send me an email so I have a return address to send the files.

I have the plans,cut sheets,speaker cutout,driver specs-eveything on pdf plus a few graphs etc.An entire cicada file including pics of both the red and the black speaker boxes
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back