DID SOMEONE HERE DO THE WIKEPEDIA STAX ARTICLE?
Apr 29, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't like it, just move on!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cause nobody force you to visit the Wiki.

lol I wasnt cussing it, I was making a light hearted joke!

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great work. Shouldn't it be renamed to Stax Electrostatic Audio Products or just Stax Ltd.?

Yes, it should be renamed with the company name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by verticalforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about Bose? I doubted that article is neutral at all. The only problem is that the article is guarded by fanboys who refused to accept anything other than that Bose is teh best.

Despute that sucker's neutrality!
lambda.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great work there Kai!

Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol I wasnt cussing it, I was making a light hearted joke!

Could have used a smilie though, to show that!
wink.gif

No harm done though. I'm in a good mood, as always...
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great work. Shouldn't it be renamed to Stax Electrostatic Audio Products or just Stax Ltd.? Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it should be renamed with the company name.

I agree!
Anyone more familiar with Wikipedia than me who can enlighten me on how to do this?

I have no added complete (hopefully) 'Discontinued Amplifiers' and 'Discontinued Adaptors' sections. Please let me know if you have further information, or find any errors!
wink.gif

Edit: First question.
When was the SRD-7 Pro released?

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #20 of 41
You are missing the SRD-1 and 2 both introduced in 1960 with the SR-1. The early amps are labeled solid state when they were in fact tube units. The SRM-Monitor is a SRM-1 amp so it's output voltage should be the same.

Edit: I the SRD-7 Pro was released before the Mk.2 so 82-84 is a logical choice. I think sooner rather then later in that time period.

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are missing the SRD-1 and 2 both introduced in 1960 with the SR-1.

Ooops. Totally missed those.

Quote:

The early amps are labeled solid state when they were in fact tube units. The SRM-Monitor is a SRM-1 amp so it's output voltage should be the same.

All of them? From the SRA-4S / SRA-6S to the SRA-12s, or...

Quote:

I the SRD-7 Pro was released before the Mk.2 so 82-84 is a logical choice. I think sooner rather then later in that time period.

Thanks! Added as 1982-83...

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

All of them? From the SRA-4S / SRA-6S to the SRA-12s, or...

The 4S, 6S, 7S, and 8S are tube. The 10S, 12S, and 14S are solid state. The 3S is a hybrid, very similar to the T1.

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #26 of 41
Thanks Carl. Corrected the Wiki...

A couple of other questions.
* Have the Normal Bias always been 230 volts?
* When did the last Normal Bias phone go out of production?

I plan to add a small section about Bias voltage, so please enlighten me if you have anything worth to know.
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Thanks Carl. Corrected the Wiki...

A couple of other questions.
* Have the Normal Bias always been 230 volts?
* When did the last Normal Bias phone go out of production?

I plan to add a small section about Bias voltage, so please enlighten me if you have anything worth to know.
wink.gif

The bias was variable at first but then Stax settled on 200v. The New SR-3 was the last phone I know off that was spec'd with a 200v bias.

Normal bias was in production well into the 90's but as a special order only (SR-Sigma). They were available longer in some markets but I think they finally dropped it around 89-90 with the introduction of cheaper Pro units.

Edit: I tried to find the last review I have of a normal bias phone and that is in March, 91 in Stereophile. The review subject is a SR-Gamma along with a Sr-Gamma PRO. Both were supplied with adapters, SRD-6 and SRD-7 Pro respectively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
APERIO APERIO APERIO

I always thought that ignoring something will make it go away...

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #29 of 41
Then I have added a bias section to the Wiki.
For simplicity reasons I refer to 230 volt for Normal bias, and specified that the last Normal bias earspeaker went out of production around 1990. Meaning that all current Stax 'phones are 580 volt.

My task is pretty much done!
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #30 of 41
See my edit of the former post. I think they went out of production in 92 or there about.

It's ok to list the normal bias at 230v because that was later set as the standard. The normal bias phones can be plugged into the Pro standard without harm at low volume so a few volts don't matter all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back