Did Null Audio take my money and run?
Jun 6, 2020 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Bobo Fret

Head-Fier
So I ordered some IEM's back in January and haven't heard anything since. I have contacted them a half dozen times and initially got a couple "we'll look into it" type responses (and never did). And with the last several communications it's crickets. Am I getting my panties in a wad over nothing, or do I need to book a flight and start cracking heads? This seems well out of line with their projected ETA. I don't know if it's a COVID-19 thing or what, but the lack of at least a single cogent response is pissing me off mightily. Thoughts?

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 15
I've dealt with Null Audio before; I've had 1 really bad experience, but several good ones, too. With that being said, even with the negative episode, there was relatively good communication throughout.

COVID-19 has definitely impacted businesses, but I don't think it is a viable excuse to leave their customers in the dark.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 15
I've had multiple positive dealings with Null Audio. I have also contacted customer support several times with questions and they have anyways gotten back to me relatively quickly. It's strange that you are having trouble since i last contacted them in April (after covid) and they reponded quickly. While I have great experiences with them, if this continues, I suggest a chargeback. What did you buy from them?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 15
I ordered a pair of AAW A3H's - their triple driver hybrid customs. Bought 'em to use strictly in my recording studio - something inexpensive and utilitarian as cables and gear in general take a bit of a beating in my studio.

I'm sure I paid with a credit card - it's been so damn long I forget and their email invoice doesn't show the method of payment so I'll have to go do a little looking/reminding. I wonder if there's a statute of limitation on chargebacks???

And it's not like they've been a$$holes. They were quite pleasant and prompt the couple times I did get replies, each time saying they'd look into it for me. Then radio silence.

I hope it's not a write off. At least I didn't buy some top of the lines.

Jun 6, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 15
I'm sure I paid with a credit card - it's been so damn long I forget and their email invoice doesn't show the method of payment so I'll have to go do a little looking/reminding. I wonder if there's a statute of limitation on chargebacks???
In general, charge-back requests should be initiated within 180 days of the transaction. This might vary between countries, though. Do check with your card-issuing bank ASAP.

Alternatively, you can try reaching out to Null Audio via Facebook. Posting on social media might elicit a response from the owner.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #7 of 15
I have also have some troubles contacting Null Audio. I sent Phantom CIEM to reshell to Universal on February, and they said it will took 10 weeks give or take to finish. Along came Covid-19 and I understand the trouble that many company have to go through. But it doesn't mean that you stop communicating with your customers, I have sent 4 emails but did not hear any reply from them whatsoever... This is my first attempt to reshell with Null but it left bitter taste in my mouth...

Jun 6, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 15
Disappointing to hear since Null Audio has been great to me, but if they aren't responding, sounds like a chargeback is the way to go. As others have mentioned, social media is also a good option.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #14 of 15
At long last some good news.. Null-audio just replied me on FB stating my order will be shipped next week,
they said because of Covid-19 production progress has been disrupted, but no explanation why there is no communication or email reply for almost 2 months

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #15 of 15
Cool on you.

Yeah, I definitely factored COVID-19 in as to the timing of when I started inquiring about the status of my order. But > 6 months waiting, I figured certainly by NOW a status update was not out of line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back