Did I ruin my AKG K701....?
Feb 2, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #46 of 60
I'm sure, 'cause it sounds the same disturation on the regular sound card.

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #47 of 60
But you said your other pair sounded "broken," also. That would still leave the sources in the equation as possible causes. I doubt they would both do the same thing unless you tried the same "experiment," with the second pair as well.

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #48 of 60
Well i'm confusing too...
If only I had another AKG K701 to compare with...

Say, how does ruined phones should be sound? that's all I need to know now.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #49 of 60
If you've damaged the driver, it'll either be very distorted, not producing much sound, one driver may be louder than the other or, if water is pouring out of them, then you shouldn't have worn them in the shower.

Not to mention that it could be sound card related too. Chances are it's clipping because your sound card can't power the headphones.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #50 of 60
Can't it be just a little distoration for being ruined?

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #52 of 60
It's can't be, I heared some, and all FLAC\320 MP3.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #53 of 60
You will blow out your ears long before you blow out headphones with high volume. Unless you like to use headphones as speakers...

I'm guessing it's the actual track also. After I got my K701s I found out I had to ditch a good portion of my mp3s.

edit: just because a track is lossless/high quality doesn't mean it must be a good track. I've heard many bad recordings straight out of the CD

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #55 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will blow out your ears long before you blow out headphones with high volume. Unless you like to use headphones as speakers...

I'm guessing it's the actual track also. After I got my K701s I found out I had to ditch a good portion of my mp3s.

edit: just because a track is lossless/high quality doesn't mean it must be a good track. I've heard many bad recordings straight out of the CD

i'm talking about songs I heared much times before. theyr'e okay.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #56 of 60
Rattling can be a bad driver, but it can also just be the plastic vibrating -- I've had to put dampening in my K401s for this reason.

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycalgary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard a rattle with deep bass on louder volumes do you think that could be in the music track?

If it's an apparent rattle, I'd recommend checking your drivers for hairs stuck in it. It's the most common source of rattling in headphones!

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm talking about songs I heared much times before. theyr'e okay.

I don't think you understand. The K701's will bring out the horrendous aspects of a poorly recorded track (and vice versa). Just because one track sounds good through inferior equipment, doesn't mean it's going to sound the same or better through superior equipment.

Personally, the fact that you would want to "test" your equipment out on max volume I don't get. When I got my K701s I was blown away by other stuff and detail than how loud they get..

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #60 of 60
Try playing it with another source like an Ipod or another computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back