Did I match components to my Denon AH-D2000's well?
Mar 11, 2010 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Br777

Headphoneus Supremus
As I am uneducated in the realm of component matching, impedance and such, I would like some feedback on my recent purchases.

I researched extensively on this site and others to the best of my ability before i bought my gear, but I dont know if I bought components that are optimal to properly drive these headphones, or if my components are a good match for each other.

I think I did ok given my budget.
Everything sounds superb to me, but I have no comparisons, and would love some professional opinions on this.

Dac - Keces 151 MK2
Amp - Decware Zen Head (portable)
Headphones - Denon AH-D2000, Sennheiser .

Regarding my amp - it has the following switches - i bolded the current settings

Crossfeed on/off
LSG or maybe its ISG level this is a gain switch - normal or high
HiZ or LoZ - hight vs low impedance output (i think)
32k or 10k - another output switch - made to boost output to compensate for devices such as an ipod - 10k is the louder of the two

as always Thanks a lot for answering my uninformed questions

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 11
ya dont say?
tongue.gif

i must be asking a dumb question.. no responses...

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 11
In a rare occurrence on head-fi, people may really just not be sure about that particular combo and are hesitant to give an answer.

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 11
yeah, i figured as much, im just getting creative with the bumping process :wink:
apparently not many people have experience with the zen head in particular..

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #8 of 11
Determining 'optimal performance' is subjective so I don't think anyone will jump up and say they found the perfect set up that will work for everyone. Rather, you will have to experiment for yourself a bit. What sounds 'optimal' to me, may not be 'optimal' to you. Your set up seems like is o.k. , but what do you think?

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 11
Never heard of the amp, but you can definitely do better than a portable amp for Denons. They scale very well.

The Keces is a decent DAC.

As for the settings I'd leave it on Low Gain.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard of the amp, but you can definitely do better than a portable amp for Denons. They scale very well.

The Keces is a decent DAC.

As for the settings I'd leave it on Low Gain.

im not familiar with the term scale

whats the reason to leave it on low gain?

Thanks

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #11 of 11
the impedance is at least set correctly. I'm not entirely sure which was the "LSG" switch should be set, because I have no idea what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back