Did I make a mistake?
Jan 31, 2005 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys.

I ordered the AKG K271s lately and they arrive tomorrow or day after most likely. Did I make a big mistake?

Reading through the forums, I can only find a few people that actually liked this headphone besides ToddTheVinylJunkie.

I listen to Classic Rock only (take Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Yes, and Led Zeppelin as an example), amping through a Perreaux SXH-1. Did I just do something serriously wrong?

Please help me, rather, ENCOURAGE ME, that I did the right thing...
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #9 of 16
Keep in mind that your tastes in headphones are probably quite a bit different than commando's, though. Afterall, you do hate his favorite closed phone =)

I have seen a lot of praise and a lot of hate for these headphones. Sound like any other headphones on this site?

Jan 31, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #11 of 16
The K271 was the first headphone I bought as a result of this board. I had them for a month and then sold them to buy the W100. I wish I had those K271 back though, not to replace the W100, but I think I would really enjoy them now that I've heard more and spent more time listening critically.

And hey, the great thing about this board is that if you don't like it, someone else will probably want to hear it so you can always sell it.

Jan 31, 2005 at 9:41 AM Post #14 of 16
I had the same feeling when i ordered the k271s, but after i received it, i think i made the right choice. 271s fit post punk,brit-pop very well and the sweet female voice

Jan 31, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #15 of 16
I think you made a really good choice with the K271S.
If you aren't happy with it, you may consider the semi-open
(so semi-closed
smily_headphones1.gif
) K240S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back