Did I just get a static shock through my ear?
Nov 15, 2006 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Publius

500+ Head-Fier
I'm listening to my Etys on my Ipod, which is plugged into an AC adapter. When I stood up just now, I hear a momentary high-pitched noise in my right ear, followed by a sharp (but very light) pain - like a pinprick. Everything was fine after that.

It's a totally bizarre thing that I'm willing to forget, but I wanted to know if anybody else has had a similar experience. Silicone tips. The floor is carpeted.

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 3
I had to get rid of my wool winter coat because every time I'd come inside and take off the coat I'd get a nasty electric shock in both ears. Feels like Frankenstein's trying to revive me. Better to lose the coat than the Etys.

Just for the record, I'm not joking. Not at all.

Nov 16, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Not the same thing, but I've had electrostatic shocks stop my old Zen dead in its tracks. I had made a battery modification that allowed me to use an external battery. It worked right, until I'd put it in the pocket of a specific coat, whereupon it'd stop working after a few seconds.
It took me a few days to understand electrostatic shocks were getting into the external connector and screwing up the player's electronics. Removed the modification and all went back to normal. I was very very lucky nothing was smoked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back