Did I just buy a fake pair of Creative EP-630's on Ebay?
Jan 20, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm I think it could still be a fake.

Check this
eBay India: Brand New Creative EP-630 earphones EP630 for ipod mp3 (item 120212601510 end time 22-Jan-2008 08:20:05 IST)

The picture with the red laptop has different packaging, and a carry bag, and all the different tips.

Well he even says in the info, that he'll give you the pair with the original packaging and one year warranty so that sounds pretty legit to me...because if he falsifies any information, that turns into a lawsuit.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #17 of 26
Okay Dude...I really believe those are FAKES!

WHY???

Because i bought an Audio Technica CK7 off someone on ebay 2 weeks ago & they turned about to be fake. The CK7 came in the same type of packaging that your Creative seems to be packaged (they talk about buying in bulk & having surplus & all that crap). Also another problem was this...CK7s only come in silver color, the CK7s the guy was selling me was BLACK. Their are NO black CK7s on the market. & another thing i compared the fake CK7s i bought from ebay side by side with my real CK7 at home & the fake one were much much lighter, remember the real ones are made out of titanium & very heavy.

The next time you want to buy an earphone, just go to one of the legit stores online like audiocubes or something & get it from there, thats what the people on here suggested to me.

Anyway I emailed they guy, returned the fakes CK7 & he gave me a complete refund including the shipping costs.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #18 of 26
They are 100% fake. Surely you knew they were, when they are "sealed" in a plactic case like all fake chineese ones you can get.

If they were real they would be in a proper creative package with eartips etc

Jan 20, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #20 of 26
i just recently bought some ep-630's off amazon, with the seller as electonica direct or somethin.

i got it from here:
Amazon.com: Creative Headphones EP-630: Electronics

anyway, i got these as an alternative to my sony ex71's. however. when i got them they sounded horrible! seriously, my sony's sound so much better! could they possibly be fake? i mean, they came in the legit packaging and everything (the mainly orange box w/ a little of blue)...they are either fakes or the sound just isnt for me i guess.

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #25 of 26
The legit Dell OEM ones can come in a little plastic bag as mentioned.

You could tell fakes in the past from the lack of the Creative "A" symbol, different tips and wires but they are supposedly amongst the most faked buds around and they've probably gotten more sophisticated.

On the other hand my wife was an ebay'er for awhile and learned that one thing that can happen is the factories contracted to make the products will make many more than contracted for and sell the extras off too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back