Did I just break my e4c's?
Aug 27, 2006 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Inter

100+ Head-Fier
Guys,

I was working out as per usual when the right bud suddently switched off, but not completely. I suspect I managed to get some sweat into it, but I can still hear sound from it, the volume is just very low. Did I just break my right bud, or is there a way to fix this? I checked that it wasn't my mp3 player. The weird thing is that it still plays fine, as far as I can hear, just at a very low volume.

Anyone got any advice?

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 10
Try taking the nozzle off and replacing it with the extra (if you still have it). Something might have gotten into the filter.

Aug 27, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 10
I don't have an extra nozzle I'm afraid. I tried to use the wax remover, just to check if it got congested all of a sudden, but it doesn't look like it. It seems to play fine, just very very low. It happened very sudden too. Kinda like if you just turn off the volume gently. Anything else I can try?

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 10
I took the nozzle out and noticed there were indeed a little liquid in there, so I carefully wiped it off and now the volume is higher, but not quite there yet. Should I take the nozzle off again and let it lie overnight to hopefully dry out?

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Should I take the nozzle off again and let it lie overnight to hopefully dry out?

Yes. My wife took a bath with my E4s, thought they were ruined. Sound came back after a good drying out period. Try not to play them until then.

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 10
Yeah, leave it to dry overnight or at least for the next several hours.

You should have received two replacement nozzels in the pacakge with your E4 unless you got them used.

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by markopolo
Yes. My wife took a bath with my E4s, thought they were ruined. Sound came back after a good drying out period. Try not to play them until then.

Ok, thanks! Hopefully no harm has come to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Yeah, leave it to dry overnight or at least for the next several hours.

You should have received two replacement nozzels in the pacakge with your E4 unless you got them used.

I got them used from this forum. If I need to replace the nozzle, can I get one from Shure?

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by markopolo

eek.gif
blink.gif
eek.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 10
this might be only halfway relevant, i put my muvo in the wash in my pants, didn't work after, threw it in the drawer and left it there for months, tried it and works great

Aug 28, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #10 of 10
If water hasn't destroyed anything vital and when it dried up, that was probably the reason it started working again.

No magic caused this I'm sure.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back