Did I hear you say you want an SPL Phonitor?
Jul 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #136 of 245

Quote:

From reading the first post, it doesn't seem to be random, but I also have a feeling that someone with a ton of amps won't get it either, because they're in the position to be able purchase it themselves and therefore, SPL gets the money from the purchase. I have a feeling that it'll either be a starving student or another member that would greatly appreciate it immediately (Have something more than M50's or other entry level headphone) but cannot justify buying a $2000 amp.

But I don't know. I'd love to win an amp like this more than anything because I'd never be able to afford this without saving for years, but I don't know how this works. Best of luck to all!

I had a feeling it's on Facebook so they can browse through our photos. I gotta make sure they're public so they can see all I have right now is a 20-year old Marantz CD60, HD600, SR225 and a Toucan, but I used to have a bunch of other amps! (even speaker gear) Oh, wait, our photos from the meets are public on my account, hope they see those.

In any case...WHERE'S MY SPL PHONITOR? I wanna have the kind of look on this guy's face >
gs1000.gif

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #137 of 245

Quote:
Good luck to everyone. :) I've always been fascinated with the controls on the amp other than strict amplification

Same here! I've built up a mini studio, so I'd love to take advantage of the Phonitor's ability to make mixing on headphones more like mixing with monitors (I live in an apartment, so I have to do all of my mixing on headphones). I've tried software crossfeeds before, and they're OK, but I'd really like to see what the Phonitor can offer and how much it can help me improve my ability to master tracks. Plus, it would be my first nice solid-state amp, so I'd really enjoy comparing it to my Lyr and Liquid Fire (as soon as it comes in...hopefully in the next week or two). Anyway, like MrGreen said, good luck to everyone! 

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #138 of 245
Jul 16, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #140 of 245
Phonitor will be great for my HD650 as I feel my Lehmann BCL doesn't really have the kick to power a 300 ohms headphone.  1.7 watt into 600 ohms is really something.
Now my HD650 has been sitting idle for more than a few months :frowning2:

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #142 of 245
Wow... Excellent move, SPL! Thanks for giving us the chance.

Jul 17, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #146 of 245
A quick note since I want this piece of gear bad. My username was mysteriously truncated in the Facebook thread. It states 'basisfunc' when my whole user is 'basisfunction'. Yes, this is my first post even though I joined a little while back. Long time listener, first time caller. Pick me, by the way!

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #150 of 245

Quote:
A quick note since I want this piece of gear bad. My username was mysteriously truncated in the Facebook thread. It states 'basisfunc' when my whole user is 'basisfunction'. Yes, this is my first post even though I joined a little while back. Long time listener, first time caller. Pick me, by the way!

LOL, you've been a member for 6 years and this is your first post!?!?

I want this amp as much as the next guy (I'm the typical starving college student), but I feel that you deserve this win for the sincere post! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back