Did I got a fake HD595
Feb 12, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #31 of 40
Nowadays the Senns are "Made in China" completly.
Sennheiser used to produce in ireland, but coming globalisation and all, they are now producing in China completly.
funny thing is, when i bought my HD595, is said "designed and engineered in germany, made in china". but the "made in china" was only a sticker, and under it there still was written "made in ireland". seems there was a transition time where they got rid of the "Ol" packages. but now: China only..........

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by goatspeed
I got my HD595's on ebay too and thought they were fake for a while. Well perhaps not fake, but I thought the seller had removed the speakers from in them and replaced them with something less. I base this on just not thinking they sound terribly good. I have HD595's, a pair of Sony mdr-v6's, and some JVC HA-NC100's. I think the JVC's sound the best of all of them.

Ironically the HD595's play my favorite band, Type O Negative, the best of the 3. But that's all I like listening to on them.

Not much value in removing the drivers as they are such a small percentage of the actual headphones' value. Case in point are the super expensive, so-called Rolls Royce of headphones, ATH-L3000's...you can get a matched pair of drivers on Blue Tin for a fraction of the cost of the earphones at a $104. Congrats on your good value buys...the HD595's sound great.

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #33 of 40
Actually, My hd595 just cost 120$ + 30$ shipping cost
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore
Nowadays the Senns are "Made in China" completly.
Sennheiser used to produce in ireland, but coming globalisation and all, they are now producing in China completly.
funny thing is, when i bought my HD595, is said "designed and engineered in germany, made in china". but the "made in china" was only a sticker, and under it there still was written "made in ireland". seems there was a transition time where they got rid of the "Ol" packages. but now: China only..........

My new HD650s had no notes about being made in China. They say "Made in Ireland" everywhere, including the manual.

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowie11
Not much value in removing the drivers as they are such a small percentage of the actual headphones' value.

Are u sure?I thought drivers are the most expensive part of headphones.IMHO drivers are the part which takes the most time and money to develop.I expected it was 2/3 of value at least.U said case is the moxt espensive, whys that?Its only piece of cast plastic.

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:04 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
My new HD650s had no notes about being made in China. They say "Made in Ireland" everywhere, including the manual.

I did a little research after your comment, and i have found out, what they're doing now: In china they produce all of their parts. Some headphones are then assembled there, but some others get assembled in Ireland, but with the parts from China.
I couldn't find out which headphones were assembled were, but it would only be logical to assume, that they produce their low- and midcost products in China completely, but for products like the HD650, they still use Ireland as assembling facility.

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore

now it's on the left side isn't it? he just rotated the picture.......
man, you REALLY need to chill dude
biggrin.gif

Sorry to bumpage this, I was looking up HD595 threads. Aren't the 595s odd in the fact their cable goes into the right cup?

edit - Well not according to SennheiserUSA!

Apr 2, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #39 of 40
My sentiments exactly. Are the 595s really worth faking? It would seem to me that they don't sell for a sufficient price to be worth the effort to fake them. I could see trying to fake a HE90, Qualia or other exotic, but regular headphones are too complex and not expensive to be worth making forgeries. It's not amps or speakers.

Apr 2, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #40 of 40
the company that goes through the effort of faking a complicated headphone (something more complicated than say a Koss Sportpro) should just get into the market of headphone making. I mean that would be quite a feat to make all the molds and parts, then source some (likely cheap) driver, then put it all together and sell it in 'cloned' packaging. Not a cheap indevor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back