Did I create a monster?
Dec 31, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They came with mine though...
blink.gif

Then do you mind if I try on a pair of those at the meet??
cool.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 10:36 AM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by ijan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He is 16, give him a chance
smily_headphones1.gif
16 is quite a ripe age to get upgraditis right? hehe!

Nah, 14 is worse.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Seriously though, I could really do with some hand-me-downs and friendly advice from a relative.

I suppose I can't blame anyone about my headfi addiction though, that's the biggest negative about finding headfi on your own. Trying to change this hobby, though speaker-fi doesn't sound much (any) cheaper to me.

Dec 31, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head... phones! [size=xx-small]not headjobs.[/size]

Yes, certainly not headjobs... chicks don't exactly 'dig' guys walking around lugging a SR-71 with full-sized headphones connected to their noggin, well, not unless the headphones are Bose Triports, anyway. Certainly not some no-name brand like Sennheiser or Grado. Man, I would consider holding hands as getting lucky...

Tell the kid to look into wine tasting instead, it's gonna cost about the same, and chicks dig.
evil_smiley.gif

Oh how I wish I never heard those PX-100s...

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #51 of 53
My first mistake was joining EOCF.com
my second was letting Steel102 talk me into some PX100's (seems these things cause a lot of upgraditus!)

Since then I've gotten my friend into head fi, he got hd 280's, and I also spread it to my little brother (he got mx400's and some PMX60's)

I guess I should go apologize for their wallets
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #52 of 53
haha my dad create a monster with me, he gave to me his old Float Dynamic Model 2 one week ago
cool.gif
he also gave to me a couple of months ago his Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon vinyle with the 2 posters and stickers
lambda.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #53 of 53
Hehe, I did that to some high school kid who raved about loving music and his triport. Now he is complaining about what I did to him... And all he did was just barge out and right away buy the ath-ad900...

Parents are to blame though...my mom willingly bought me expensive phones cause it would stop me from using that woofer
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back