Did I buy fakes? Ebay CX300/EP-630
Aug 29, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Quote from the webpage "However, it includes neither retail package nor the manufacturer's logo on the earbud"

It says no manufacturer's logo? that sounds really weird to me.

and based on the price. man, does not sound too legit to me.

Hm. I got what was in the picture. There was a logo on the earbuds. They look just like the official pictures.

Aug 29, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #18 of 39
having gotton a few deals like this, but with car audio, I know that there is a set of Morel components that cost ~500, and a set of phonix gold xenon comps that cost ~250 on ebay, and they are the exact same. Many factors go into why a shipment would be denyed or turned down, could haev been the wrong cord, could haev been they overshot the order and just threw the leftovers togeather,
Companys also arnt going to release info about the build houses and overstocks and stuff due to legal reasons.
But if they sound good, then they are.
-greg

Aug 29, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #19 of 39
Well I emailed the seller and he gave me a full refund, including shipping. At least he's honest. He said they buy in bulk and can't test all the headphones they sell. The wholeseller they bought from was probably selling fakes.

Sep 19, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #20 of 39
I got a pair of cx300s today that looked good, but were obvious fakes when I tried them out. I don't know how this seller could get even one positive feedback after buyers listened to them. They sound just horrible!

I'll see how it goes getting a refund. Unfortunately, I did the auction before getting familiar with headfi. At least it wasn't a very expensive lesson, even if I get burned. This will be only the second time I've left negative feedback on ebay over several years.

Sep 19, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #21 of 39
If the seller was well informed, he should have just stated these were generics of the real thing, coming from the same manufacturer. Nobody would feel cheated, you'd feel even wise for paying half what the real thing cost and get the same audio quality.

On the other hand, i've seen REAL fakes on ebay. Bought two gumstick batteries for my minidisc and they turned out to be fake. When i charged them, they cooked, bloated and almost cracked open my MD.

If your earbuds don't blow up your head, be happy.

Sep 19, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #22 of 39
The seller kept saying they were authentic. They have the sennheiser logo on the earbuds and look "right". There is so much praise for the cx300 that these can't be genuine. I can't stand to listen to them. I keep trying, but they make me cringe. My ten dollar sennheiser earbuds (450?) sound soooo much better. These don't sound any better than buds I've gotten free with cheap radios.

I've had in-ear cans before (Sony) and I'm used to fitting them. I was going to try a different size fitting, but I don't see how it can improve what I am hearing. Pianos sound like they are underwater. I am not comfortable with using a lot of "audiophile words" yet when I describe headphones, but I am comfortable with saying these appear to be mostly muddy midrange. UGH!

Sep 19, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #24 of 39
I got an 'original EP-630' off ebay 2 weeks ago. Including shipping came to about $20. Took about 10 days to receive it. Not only it sounded awful, the cable is not even the same length as the spec on Creative. Needless to say, it's totally fake.

Your safest bet will be Amazon, they have EP-630 in stock and are selling them for $27.99 now.

Sep 19, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by spudman
The seller kept saying they were authentic. They have the sennheiser logo on the earbuds and look "right". There is so much praise for the cx300 that these can't be genuine. I can't stand to listen to them. I keep trying, but they make me cringe. My ten dollar sennheiser earbuds (450?) sound soooo much better. These don't sound any better than buds I've gotten free with cheap radios.

I've had in-ear cans before (Sony) and I'm used to fitting them. I was going to try a different size fitting, but I don't see how it can improve what I am hearing. Pianos sound like they are underwater. I am not comfortable with using a lot of "audiophile words" yet when I describe headphones, but I am comfortable with saying these appear to be mostly muddy midrange. UGH!

That is because they may be cheap Chinese knockoffs..unfortunately

Sep 19, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
That is because they may be cheap Chinese knockoffs..unfortunately

There is no doubt in my mind that they are indeed cheap knockoffs. I still don't understand how some people can be satisfied with them. I guess if you've never heard any good headphones you just wouldn't know any better.

Sep 20, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #27 of 39
My CX300 sounds incredible, which is an authentic from B&H. The original designer of this bud is fosters of Japan which manufactures the Edifier bRand.
Though the external layout is same CX300 has a different driver in it.
etysmile.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama
Though the external layout is same CX300 has a different driver in it.
etysmile.gif

has that ever been proved? in that huge topic us people were bought over by the branding

The CX 300 have a J-cable, the rest of these have a regular Y-cable, so it's a "special" for Sennheiser (cable may also be a little shorter than the rest). And the Sennheiser's come with a 2 year warranty. That's why the MSRP is $80. Sennheiser recently launched a white version too.

Others:
Creative EP 630
AKG K 324 P (comes in chrome)
Sharp HP-MD33
Edifier H260
Jens of Sweden EP-200
Razer M100

The others are around $25 MSRP, I believe.

Sep 20, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #30 of 39
I just bought a pair of CX300-b from ebay. They shipped from PA and arrived in 2 days. The packaging is really nice and they look real but I do not plan on opening them since I just bought a set of CK7's from warehouse123.com. The ebay seller was rjs1630.

On a (totally off topic) side note, I spoke on the phone to Joe at warehouse123 and he was really knowledgable, helpful and friendly. He personally uses the CK7's for his DS. Also, he said that their main business is distribution to HK retailers. However, business there is really tough with little profit due to competition so they have the website as a small side operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back