Did I break my headphones?
Jan 22, 2015 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

letssgoooo

New Head-Fier
sup guys, this is about the Denon D600 headphones

I was being an idiot and put the itunes EQ pretty high and was listening at full volume on my macbook air. after about a minute the left driver slowly started fading out and I noticed all the sound going to the right ear. doesn't seem like a coincidence that its dying right after I did that. also it's not the macbook; it works fine with other headphones still.

now if I unplug the cables from the bottom and plug them back in the sound is good for about 10-15 seconds, then the left driver slowly starts fading out again. I can do this repeatedly, unplugging and plugging back in, but its always the same amount of time before the sound fades out from the left again. is it possible that it's the cable, or did I screw up the driver somehow? looks like I need to send them in for replacement either way, or might have to pay for repairs.

Jan 22, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Have you tried holding the cable while playing music/wiggling it around(gently), maybe it's the connector/cable.

Am I correct in assuming you didn't use an amp, just straight from your Macbook Air? That's a normal usage scenario and I honestly can't see how they can justify not paying for the repair, unless you the warranty is over or you voided it with something else.
You should contact their support staff.

Jan 22, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 5
Definitely a strange problem.

Have you tried plugging them into another source?

yes, same issue using my iphone or my pc with a FiiO E17 at home.

Have you tried holding the cable while playing music/wiggling it around(gently), maybe it's the connector/cable.

Am I correct in assuming you didn't use an amp, just straight from your Macbook Air? That's a normal usage scenario and I honestly can't see how they can justify not paying for the repair, unless you the warranty is over or you voided it with something else.
You should contact their support staff.

yes, I've tried that to no avail. it does seem like an internal connector or something maybe. the louder the volume is the faster the left driver fades out, if I put my E17 at 15 (out of 60) volume it's about 6-8 minutes before the left dies.

yes just out of the macbook, it seems pretty normal but I wasn't sure whether over-EQ was similar to overclocking a computer (voiding the processor's warranty).

if this is truly a unique problem then I'll just try and get them replaced, they should be under warranty.

thanks for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back