Did anyone pick up the new Deftones album Koi No Yokan?
Nov 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 17
Sounds pretty good so far, been a big Deftones fan for a while; they are a great consistent band which doesn't bother me one bit.  I don't have the HD version though.

Had a look at Audacity and can confirm the album is all sausaged out :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #5 of 17
I think the album is killer. It's a good progression from Diamond Eyes, and they definitely didn't disappoint. Can't say much about the hi-fi aspect as I don't have the equipment to really test it, but it's great regardless.

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:
not according to audacity, it's a static only heard on quiet sections and guitarless bass sections, sounds like distortion...  

I think I know what you're talking about. It's sounds like a soft fuzz in the background. I didn't get my cd copy in yet, but that's how my mp3 version sounds like in some open parts. I still think this is one of, if not the best album they've done. It just flows so well.

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 17
I think I know what you're talking about. It's sounds like a soft fuzz in the background. I didn't get my cd copy in yet, but that's how my mp3 version sounds like in some open parts. I still think this is one of, if not the best album they've done. It just flows so well.

I really enjoy it! Kind of a combination of the aggressive early style, with the experimental/softer bent of white pony onwards.

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 17
Got the HDTracks version today and here's a comparison to the CD version. HD version is less squashed / boosted.

Deftones - Swerve City - CD Version (DR6)
Deftones - Swerve City - HDTracks Version (DR10)

Deftones - Rosemary - CD Version (DR6)
Deftones - Rosemary - HDTracks Version (DR11)

Also, you can enter "wyred20" as a coupon at HDTracks to get 20% your order. From Wyred4Sound: Enter wyred20 when checking out at HD tracks and get 20% off your entire cart! Make sure and take advantage of this during the offer which is valid for one week from Nov. 10th to the 17th 2012.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:
Got the HDTracks version today and here's a comparison to the CD version. HD version is less squashed / boosted.

Deftones - Swerve City - CD Version (DR6)
Deftones - Swerve City - HDTracks Version (DR10)

Deftones - Rosemary - CD Version (DR6)
Deftones - Rosemary - HDTracks Version (DR11)

Also, you can enter "wyred20" as a coupon at HDTracks to get 20% your order. From Wyred4Sound: Enter wyred20 when checking out at HD tracks and get 20% off your entire cart! Make sure and take advantage of this during the offer which is valid for one week from Nov. 10th to the 17th 2012.

Aah, so the CD version is brickwalled. That sucks, but it's still killer music.

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #15 of 17
Yeah I realize that now.  It's tough - basically anytime I'm thinking about a CD now I end up scouring the interwebs to determine if the mastering/compression is acceptable first.  Way more time consuming than it should be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back