Did anyone notice that China just had their first space walk?
Sep 28, 2008 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

chesebert

18 Years An Extra-Hardcore Head-Fi'er
China is the 3rd country now possessing the technology to venture outside the spaceship after USSR and US had their space walks back in the days.
The Associated Press: China's first spacewalk team returns to Earth

Of course space walk news (and the whole people in space) probably is overshadowing any mention of the 'tainted milk crisis' that's happening now...
washingtonpost.com

And did China even mention that their stock market dropped over 60% over the past 11 months? (why am I not surprised)
China's stock market dives

Sep 28, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 12
Great, now they just need to build that space station up there by 2012 like they said they would.

Assuming we're still around by then.
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if we can rely on them to take us to the ISS when the Shuttle is retired and we need a ride?

where are we on SSTO craft? Isn't Lockheed and Boeing working on one? It would be truly sad if China leaps over the whole shuttle thing and go SSTO directly...ouch for US

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 12
yeah, the chinese stock market is like riding a roller-coaster....

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where are we on SSTO craft? Isn't Lockheed and Boeing working on one? It would be truly sad if China leaps over the whole shuttle thing and go SSTO directly...ouch for US

Yup; could be an ouch.

We're still dedicated to going with kinda an updated 60s technology version "Super-Apollo" in the Constellation(Orion module and Aries rocket)system for our next generation of vehicle, but there is Legislation pending that may keep the Shuttle trucking along for just a bit longer if the next stuff runs late.

...it's all hanging in the balance in US Budget negotiations!

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When are they supposed to go to the moon? Or at the least fake going to the moon.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Why...

....they're there right now!

They have an orbiter happily circling the moon even as we speak! It's just taking photos and stuff, but it's there! Chang'e 1 was launched about a year ago for a one year mission.

...well; I haven't got an update lately, but I guess it's still there.
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #9 of 12
Ireland secretly sent a man to mars already... Hes already started planting potatoes over there, and although slightly orange i hear they taste good.

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHands /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ireland secretly sent a man to mars already... Hes already started planting potatoes over there, and although slightly orange i hear they taste good.

Makin orange tater vodka.

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When are they supposed to go to the moon? Or at the least fake going to the moon.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

As soon as they get there CGI movie set up and running. Remember the fireworks at the olympics? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back