Did anyone here snag this? quasi-NOS grado TT
Jul 19, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 7
I was going to, but got some problem with my internet connection. GlendaleViper also got electricity failure so he couldn't bid for me.
That was funny. I was about to bid 950$
frown.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice score if so, hope it sounds as good as it looks.

Honestly do you really find this TT good looking??? Yeak, we all have different taste no dobut of that...It reminds me an Admiral my dad had from 1956, mono...not sure but it looks to me like any other TT of that era, and even though, I feel it even less attractive than others like Pioneer, Sansui, Techinics, etc...those do look nice, but this one???
Even more it looks to me more like those portables we had for kids, with some mods...Historic value aside, of course, for those Grado grandpa fans...

Jul 19, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly do you really find this TT good looking??? Yeak, we all have different taste no dobut of that...It reminds me an Admiral my dad had from 1956, mono...not sure but it looks to me like any other TT of that era, and even though, I feel it even less attractive than others like Pioneer, Sansui, Techinics, etc...those do look nice, but this one???
Even more it looks to me more like those portables we had for kids, with some mods...Historic value aside, of course, for those Grado grandpa fans...

Well, not as much as that deck someone posted that was made out of a slab of Koa wood, but i can appreciate it for its vintage style
cool.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 7
That table is teh sexy. The tonearm is the only part that looks goofy to me. The auction mentioned early Michelles, I'd love to have one of those. I think that table in Clockwork Orange inspired my first bit of turntable lust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back