Did a booboo with new dt 770 and a few questions about it.
Oct 13, 2016 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Christo4

100+ Head-Fier
Soo i got a dt 770 250 ohm and when i was putting some tp in the cup (cus i heard that it's good for taming the treble and sibilance which was rather bad and it kinda worked) and while i was working on one cup the other umm driver got out of the cup for a few seconds and hanged by the cable. I put it back in, though i doubt it was the original position. It still works but... Not sure if it damaged it in any way or not.

Also, do they smell like new when you buy them new? These didn't and i'm not sure if i got a new pair or not. Because if it's not i'll return it.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 3
Surprising to hear the 770 being tamed for treble

Also, i'm not sure but i thought tp mod was to line inside of earpads not to fill cup with. As far as i know cotton or other dampening material like foams and blue tac type is used for inside the cup

Also, if you're worried about damage you can just do frequency sweeps and left/right channel check

i would personally take the tp out and burn in or "adapt" with your brain, but its your cans :p

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 3
Left right channels sound ok. It seems a bit more volume to the right, but it's the same when i use my grados.

And i used the tp mod for the sibilance more than the treble. Just put some behind the piece of foam in the center. And now it's good, before it kinda scratched my ears. Though i welcome any other mod suggestions that would help :).

Also, are the pads supposed to ve rather stiff or the velour on it a bit itchy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back