Diamond buffer group buy?
Dec 28, 2004 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

peranders

Member of the Trade: Sjöström Audio
I have made a diamond which Glassman did copy and made boards of and offered to you as you may remember.
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showp...13&postcount=5

His version was custom made to fit the PPA amp. I have now plans to change my pcb which will be doublesided with groundplane and plated through holes, a bit higher quality and also the cost compared to Glassman's.

I did order a few of my boards and they are sold now and I plan to order more (not so many) but if anyone want to buy from me and you are 20-50 persons interested I might set up a group buy but only for the pcb, not for any parts.

If I see some interest I will set up a forum page which is editable for all but for let's us see how the interest is.

Schematic and other info can be found here
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50719/hifi/qrv05

Topview
http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-50674/hif...r0_topview.jpg

qrv05r0_overview.jpg

Dec 28, 2004 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 23
just FYI, my double sided boards with improved cirquit as well as much better layout and most importantly better sound are finishing, ready to start production in the new year, however I'd like to check if there's still sufficient interest among PPA 1.x owners and/or builders.. I'd like to make a run of approx. 250 boards, that would be enough for about 80 amps.. all the smd parts will be mashine assembled, running smaller batch is not economical..

I hope you, peranders, don't mind me posting it here..

Dec 28, 2004 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRjr
Will these also be compatible with the PPA?If so, I'd be interested in at least 10, if you get a decent price with a group buy.

The pcb will be semi-compatible (check the picture), not a drop-in replacement but it seems that Mr. Glassman has plans here and I don't mind ... much, a little though if I'm completely honest. I haven't got so much credit for neither the design or for the inspriration.

Dec 28, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 23
yes, the first buffers were inspired by yours, the layout too.. however the new ones are really new and share very little with yours.. after all, it's all variation on the same old Diamond Buffer theme, isn't it?

peranders, your site is really helpful, as is tangent's for example.. thanks for your work, I've learned a lot!

Dec 28, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
I hope you, peranders, don't mind me posting it here..

I would love it if the tradition were stronger for insisting on schematics and parts lists for DIY group buys, otherwise the sale is commercial and belongs in a different forum? I've read the original Glassman thread a number of times, I can find an unlabeled schematic posted by Morsel, and an ambiguous paragraph by Tangent describing Glassman's changes from peranders' circuit, but no clear schematic and parts list. peranders has a very informative web page describing his design, for which I am very thankful.

I take ppl's last post in his diamond buffer thread very seriously, isn't it in all of our interests to understand what we build?

Yes, peranders, I'm interested in 6 boards.

Yes, Glassman, if you can start a different tallying thread I'd be pleased to indicate my level of interest there. (I think it would get very confusing to mix the tallies here!)

Thanks to both of your for your contributions!

Dec 28, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

The pcb will be semi-compatible (check the picture), not a drop-in replacement

If you could indicate how wiring on a PPA would be done, I may be interested in six or more boards.
wink.gif

Dec 28, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #10 of 23
i will let you guys know when i get home to oz in a couple of weeks, but i may be interested in some, either glassmans assembled/bare boards (if i read right) or peranders bare boards
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2004 at 8:09 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syzygies
I would love it if the tradition were stronger for insisting on schematics and parts lists for DIY group buys, otherwise the sale is commercial and belongs in a different forum?

I have also noted that the basics are missing rather often but I have at least the basics and it is downloadable. This may also have to do with the cad program you use. I get schematics, partslist and layout out from the program as a minimum output.

Dec 30, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #15 of 23
I am confused.
confused.gif

Who is offering what in this thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syzygies
Yes, Glassman, if you can start a different tallying thread I'd be pleased to indicate my level of interest there. (I think it would get very confusing to mix the tallies here!)

Agreed.

peranders, I'm interested in 6 boards as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back