Dialogue II first impressions
Jan 22, 2006 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Little J040

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all, just ordered this piece off ebay about a week ago and got it real fast. Great guy to deal with. All I can say for now for the first impressions is a much much bigger sound stage. I was shocked, I didn't think it would do this much. Bass, not sure how its affected it so far, can't be sure until it further burns in and so on.

got a pic, its kinda far away and blurry, i just took it in my dark dorm room, sorry
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 12
Congradultions on your new purchase!.Keep us posted on how you think it sounds durning burn in.I can't tell you how many times i wanted to place a bid on that DAC
biggrin.gif

This DAC and a few others are still on my wish for later.

Jan 22, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 12
I almost bought the Constantine DAC, which is built by the same people. Supposedly it has a more detailed sound, where the Dialogue II is warmer and more natural. In the end I just had to go for the Spitfire and accompanying PSU.

I'm curious to know how it sounds paired with your Gilmore Lite.

Jan 22, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #4 of 12
just wait until its burned in... mines got about 100 hours and it sound alot better then out of the box (highs were a congested, sound stage wasn't as expansive either).

It sounds very nice : ]

Jan 22, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 12
Yeah definately, it sounded pretty good OOB, and i cant wait for the burn in period to come about. I'll keep ya all posted as well as some more pics
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 12
Wow this thing is opening up like a lunger... Soundstage is uber big now. I'm still a little concerned about how the bass will turn out, but it can do nothing but get better. The glite combo with the 595s leans towards the bass being light anyways, and im not much of a bass head, so im happy
smily_headphones1.gif
More pics later on today

Jan 23, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 12
Congrats on your Dialogue II purchase. I have thought about bidding on one of these, too. In fact, I almost bid on the very unit you won (I remember seeing your name there). I let you have it, as I did not want to start a bidding war with a fellow headfier, especially since I was not 100% sure about the purchase.

My system is very similar to yours. I have the HD595s, and purchased the Gilmore Lite with DPS this weekend. I went to Justin's place to audition it. He is a nice guy, and makes the best headphone amp I have heard. Thus, I highly recommend getting the DPS, particularly if you would like to strengthen the low end. I do not know why more folks do not rave about the Gilmore Lite? Perhaps it is because most listen to it without the DPS...? Justin tells me only 1 in 6 customers (less than 17%) buy the Lite with the DPS. In any case, the Lite with DPS is easily the most revealing, transparent headphone amp I have heard.

Jan 23, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 12
That DAC is a Non-OS, right? I bet it sounds warm and bassy, my fave signature. The Gilmore Lite must be keeping everything pretty tight tho, so nothing will get out of control. Interesting synergy, let us know how it goes!

Jan 24, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #9 of 12
Yep its Non OS, and now that its starting to burn in more the bass and mid warmth is coming out a lot. Sounds great, almost like a tube amp that i heard at the boston meet, but not quite. Im pretty happy with the combination so far. Ill keep ya posted. Great dac for 200$ IMO!

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #10 of 12
Alright, say i got a little carried away today taking pics. Here's some of my artistic (or trying to be artistic side.) Let me know what ya think!

cheers

Feb 3, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #12 of 12
biggrin.gif
haha thanks, i made sure i looked like a tool for it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back