Diablo III Character Poll
Jun 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #61 of 76
Give it a try. You can always go back if it's too hard.

Quote:
I was able to solo Inferno act 1 with my Witch Doctor without too much difficulty, and I've improved my gear quite a bit from farming the last part of the act through killing Butcher.  Haven't made that jump into act 2 yet since everyone states that the difficulty jumps up significantly, but I'll give it a go sometime this week.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #62 of 76
Farming for 4 or so hours to not get a single piece of even sell-able gear is SUCH a drag. Hellmode Final act using farm gear and full Valor stack. It's not that I didn't get drops. I got drops all over the place. They were just comparable to gear I was getting at level 10.

Jun 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #68 of 76
oh and apparently they're going to fix the item stat bugs that Glitched is talking about.  Good times!

Heard about that too. I'm going to buy up a bunch of these broken items before the patch. Though, I also heard rumors about blizzard nerfing the IAS stat because a lot of people that submitted feedback felt that IAS was too important to giveup when buying armor.

Jun 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #69 of 76
They talk about that in the link. From what it sounds like they're considering just reducing the IAS stat on a lot of higher end armor so you don't get as much from your armor, thus making it less important.

Kinda dumb, IMO. They should reduce effectiveness over a certain %.

EDIT: Or just have stat caps like WoW. cap IAS and then worry about other stats.

Quote:
Heard about that too. I'm going to buy up a bunch of these broken items before the patch. Though, I also heard rumors about blizzard nerfing the IAS stat because a lot of people that submitted feedback felt that IAS was too important to giveup when buying armor.

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #70 of 76
They talk about that in the link. From what it sounds like they're considering just reducing the IAS stat on a lot of higher end armor so you don't get as much from your armor, thus making it less important.

Kinda dumb, IMO. They should reduce effectiveness over a certain %.

EDIT: Or just have stat caps like WoW. cap IAS and then worry about other stats.

I think capping the IAS stat would be best... Though for DH that would screw over a lot of people using 1h bows. The whole point is that 1h bows are faster. At the moment my attack speed is 3.64 shots per second and my friend has 4.10 shots per second.
Just my xbow gives me a nice 2.0 shots per second by itself, then add in an amulet, quiver, 2 rings, gloves and my beckon sail (legendary chest piece). If the helmets, boots, pants and bracers were working I'd get those too.

Jun 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #71 of 76
Capping IAS or having diminishing returns after some point is probably a good idea if they do intend to not want everyone stacking it.  Unfortunately, having high attack speed is the only way a Witch Doctor can overcome their long casting animations rooting them in place so that they can kite, which might be a huge blow. 

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #73 of 76
Quote:
Capping IAS or having diminishing returns after some point is probably a good idea if they do intend to not want everyone stacking it.  Unfortunately, having high attack speed is the only way a Witch Doctor can overcome their long casting animations rooting them in place so that they can kite, which might be a huge blow. 

Not just Witch Doctors, all ranged got hurt pretty bad.

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #74 of 76
Finally cleared inferno with my solo DH...

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #75 of 76
It seems like they're finally on the right track now with the new patches.  I'm actually really looking forward to 1.05 and the new bosses/difficulty systems.  Ever since 1.04 came out with the new legendaries Inferno has just been a breeze, hopefully now there'll actually be something tough so we can put our gear to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back