Diablo amp might surface soon
Mar 7, 2007 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

daveDerek

Headphoneus Supremus
for those of you who've been waiting, patiently or impatiently, for this high end portable amp by larocco, larry went and bought a cnc machine so he could finally get the unit built. it's installed, and up and running. hopefully that means the amp will actually be produced in the near future. see:
http://ipastudio.com/forums/showthre...1757#post21757

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 24
He bought a CNC machine?! I admit, I don't hear about CNC machines owned by individuals that often
tongue.gif
Wouldn't it have been cheaper to subcontract the manufacturing of the machined parts?

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 24
What the......?

So let me get this straight: He said to build an amp, took peoples money in advance, and only now he's bought the machinery to build it, without having knowledge of it, so he first have to learn how to operate it?

This man is making Xin looking like a damn "costumer service angel"!

Hilarious, just plain hilarious....

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 24
This is good news, but though I'm waiting like everyone else, I'm no longer expecting anything soon. If we get them this or next month, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 24
next month, next year... po-tay-to, po-tah-to....

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 24
yeah, ya gotta wonder....
i thought cnc machines were incredibly expensive. maybe the price has dropped in recent years? i don't think that the purpose was merely to make diablos but to enable larocco greater control in building a variety of products. i think that they want to build gear for the general audiophile community and not just for the headphone crowd. as far as it being cheaper to subcontract out, that sounds right but supposedly the delays of the last few months were related to an inability to get a subcontractor to follow through on turning out the cases for these amps. now that he has it lets see if this goes from vaporware to being a reality. the hope for those who've been waiting as long as a couple of years for this device is that this is the ultimate amp of this type, a true state of the art unit.

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 24
Larry's exact quote was that he "got funding for a CNC machine". Not sure what that means, exactly. Also no indication he bought a NEW one.

I truly hope it means we are going to finally see some Diablos, as I'd love to get my grubby paws on one. But I ain't holding my breath. It could still be a LONG time before we actually get amps.

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Larry's exact quote was that he "got funding for a CNC machine". Not sure what that means, exactly. Also no indication he bought a NEW one.
I truly hope it means we are going to finally see some Diablos, as I'd love to get my grubby paws on one. But I ain't holding my breath. It could still be a LONG time before we actually get amps.

as long as we're quoting:
"the machine is installed and running. The software is now working for me...weeeeeeeeeeee. Machining parts starts today as soon as I get the knob cut paths finalized and over to the shop. These should be done pretty quick."
old, new - who cares. as long as he's now able to produce the amp. i want you to get your grubby paws on it too so that you can add to your amazing portable amp comparo!
icon10.gif
and once you've burned it in and gotten it's measure could you please loan it to the so. fl. boys so that they can update their comparo as they have xins to compare it to and you do not.
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as long as we're quoting:
"the machine is installed and running. The software is now working for me...weeeeeeeeeeee. Machining parts starts today as soon as I get the knob cut paths finalized and over to the shop. These should be done pretty quick."
old, new - who cares. as long as he's now able to produce the amp. i want you to get your grubby paws on it too so that you can add to your amazing portable amp comparo!
icon10.gif
and once you've burned it in and gotten it's measure could you please loan it to the so. fl. boys so that they can update their comparo as they have xins to compare it to and you do not.
wink.gif

I sure hope it really means progress -- I REALLY do.

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #11 of 24
I thought you sold your spot Skylab.

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you sold your spot Skylab.

here Spot, come Spot, sit, beg, roll over, heel, play dead,... Good boy Spot!
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #13 of 24
Dave, I think Lamborghini can build one of these faster than Larocco can build their amp
icon10.gif

lamborghinidiablo019xk5.jpg

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dave, I think Lamborghini can build one of these faster than Larocco can build their amp
icon10.gif

lamborghinidiablo019xk5.jpg

maybe if you give larry one of these you can get one on an expedited basis!
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could you please loan it to the so. fl. boys so that they can update their comparo as they have xins to compare it to and you do not.
wink.gif

As one of the So. Fl. boys I second that suggestion!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back