DHL Deutsche Post Package delivery time from Germany to Canada/usa ?
Jun 2, 2011 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tamahome77

1000+ Head-Fier
Waiting on a package from Germay to Canada via DHL deutsche "Packchen" shipping option.  Apparently, "Packchen" is equivalent to small packet airmail.  It was shipped on April 18th,2011 and I'm still waiting.  It seems awfully long for an airmail shipment.  I was just wondering if this is a normal waiting time and if anyone could chip in their experience with shipping/receiving via DHL deutsche post shipments.  Thanks.

Jun 3, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 5
Checked the website in german, if I understand correctly, it says that the delivery time is >30 working days, so you could be waiting for even a little longer.
Sorry if I can't give more you more information, even though I speak German, the word used is a little clumsy: 'Laufzeitorientierung'.
Can anyone else from Germany chime in and confirm that this means delivery time?
Anyway this is the website: http://www.dhl.de/de/paket/privatkunden/international/laenderseiten/kanada.html

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 5
I have had this issue two times (USA/Canada) but each time in agreement with the buyer and so far no difficulties. Nevertheless I wont choose the option Paeckchen anymore because the time is just too long.

In my case it was everytime six weeks  because it is shipped really by the ship :). Further there is some time to wait to cross the customs at the US side.

To sum up, I would just wait a little longer and hopefully it will arrive.

Jun 3, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for all the replies.  There's still hope that I'll be receiving my packages.  I don't mind waiting a little longer as long as the packages arrive.  I probably won't be using the "Packchen" option again from DHL deutsche post. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back