DFX Audio Enhancer
Dec 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ratedrampage

New Head-Fier
I've been in a wild chase trying to get the best media player out there and came across this gem.

What do you guys think? will it make any media player sound better? Or is is just another fake placebo equalizer?

Dec 30, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 6
I've used it in the past (very long time ago) and back then I thought DFX was quite decent until I found Jammix Enhancer freeware plugin for winamp that worked better than DFX and probably as "good as it gets" for software/plugin that tries to tweak sound in different ways. 

However nowadays my one and only choice would be foobar2000 with my dolby headphone config.

EDIT: You can try this foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config if you want (preconfigured by me so you only need to extract it somewhere and everything's already configured): http://cid-87ed83e2c9fd453c.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/foobar2000/foobar2000.zip

I've for example adjusted the EQ slightly to provide in my ears best quality when removing especially the bloated deep bass that would mask fine details that dolby headphone plugin adds and tweaked the channel mixer for suitable "width" and volumes.

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the download but I tried foobar and didn't hear much of the difference (not trying to piss of the foobarians :p).

In case you are wondering I am now using Winamp + ASIO plugin (with ASIO4ALL until my Auzentech Forte arrives) and a payed plugin I "purchased" for about 20$ called iZotope Ozone

I have found that I can no longer live without it. It's main function is emulating the effects of a tube amp giving it a warmer fuller sound. I understand that DSP may not be good for audiophile purists but i like to have that kind of "feeling" in a song. Or maybe im biased 
bigsmile_face.gif

Anyways thanks for your help and quick reply!

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 6
DFX won't work with hardware that has any modern features. Every time I try to make DFX work with my Corsair VOID wireless headset, it turns off every sound feature on my system. 

I tried talking to DFX but they were so condescending, irritating, and arrogant that they told me everything I already knew and told me that I should read the manual, which is so skimpy it wouldn't make a good Sunday comic strip. And it's not funny.

The good thing is that I didn't have to pay much to learn that I was stupid.

I will be looking for another solution. But whatever you do, don't buy DFX, Download the freebie if you must AND USE IT FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS before you decide to give these faceless useless distant email addresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back