DFW Meet #8. January 2010! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Nov 6, 2009 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

[AK]Zip

Member of the Trade: APureSound
It is now time for another DFW meet!

If you can make it please post here and let me know what you can/are willing to bring.

Time: The meet is going to be from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Please get there at 9:00am if you can help setup.
Date: Saturday, January 23rd 2010.

Place:
Parr Library's Program Room

We have room for 100 people and everyone is welcome.

We will have:
Kitchen with refrigerator and sink
100 stackable chairs
26 Folding tables

Address:
Parr Library
6200 Windhaven Pkwy
Plano, TX 75093

Major Intersection:
North Dallas Pkwy and Windhaven Pkwy

Map: Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

Attendees:
[AK]Zip
pabbi1
hvu
Maxvla
W.T.
Asr
pmillett
luvdunhill
Raez
swt61
Orcin
auee
eightbitpotion
Bazile
ninja95
mach46

Headphones:

Source:

Amps:

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 92
Yes - either for me.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 92
I'm in. I'll check dates with work tomorrow.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 92
I may show up mysellf
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing worth brining this time however - im sure there will be plenty of 580's as always
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by W.T. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may show up mysellf
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing worth brining this time however - im sure there will be plenty of 580's as always
smily_headphones1.gif

My goodness, a Stan sighting! A sign of the apocalypse...
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #7 of 92
Jan 23rd works best for me. Jan 30th might be possible, but I doubt it.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #8 of 92
I think I might just make this my first Texas meet, so count me in as a potential. I was born there after all, would be nice to go back for a visit and meet the Texas contingent for the first time. Either date would work for me, as long as it hopefully doesn't snow much around here which would impede travel.

If I attended I would definitely bring my HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE and electrostatic headphones since I know there's a small stat following in Texas. Source would probably be the Ayre QB-9 but I can't guarantee it at this point in time.

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #9 of 92
Would be great to have you there, Asr.

Think we had a few stats (HE60, lower end Stax) at the last meet, but mostly dynamics and lots and lots of tubes.

edit:

Btw, I took a bit of time and sent PMs to attendees from last time (and a couple who missed it) based on posts in the impressions thread. I'll work through the interest thread tomorrow (it's 5:30am atm...) for people to be aware of the meet coming up.

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 92
Hah, boss just texted me and is flip flopping to the 30th.. He did say if it came down to it I'd be able to do either date since he told me the 23rd first.

So I guess change my preference to the 30th, but that I'd be able to make either.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #12 of 92
Finished going through the old interest thread pming people who were interested (or came) last meet. Last meet seemed a bit low on turnout, it would be great to see 15+.

BTW that 100 person occupancy listing. I have no idea how you could fit 100 people in that room, haha. Maybe all standing and no gear.

Nov 11, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #14 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone from the East coast going? I'd fly out but I don't think I can convice Southwest that a my Stasis amp is carry-on.

"Hey boss, grab your Geiger counter. I think we have a live one here!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back