DFW Meet #8. January 2010! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jan 11, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #61 of 92
BHSE vs BHAE smackdown! It will not make me happy to miss this.
triportsad.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #62 of 92
Well looks like another missed meet for me guys and girls. I missed Houston a couple months ago because of work and its the same story this time.

Well at this rate I won't have to show up and have the broken amp, that turns out to be a power cable.
biggrin.gif

Look forward to seeing the pics and impressions wrap up thread.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #63 of 92
I will have the following equipment at the meet:
- Ayre QB-9 (to be used with my laptop PC)
- HeadAmp BHSE
- Stax OII MKI and SR-404LE

If anyone has another electrostatic (or dynamic for that matter) amp they want to plug into either the Ayre QB-9 or the BHSE's loop outputs (like the KGBH for example), please bring a spare set of either RCA or XLR interconnects as needed. An extra power strip would probably be handy in that case too. (I'm bringing a power extension cord that will have outlets for only up to 3 devices.)

Looking forward to meeting everyone next weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #64 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to meeting everyone next weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Emm, isn't the meet on the 23rd?

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #65 of 92
I am excited about my first meet next week this is going to be fun. I am doing a interest check to see if anyone wants to bring what I got.
headphones:
HD650 w/homemade cable
westone 3
SR80

amp:
elekit tu-882 w/ stock jan 6750 & after market western electric 396a tubes
ibasso D10 w/ blackgate cap
D10 topkit: AD744 & tle2141 w/el8201 buffers

source:
denon 1940ci

I will see if I can convince my cousin to bring his B22 and y2 dac.

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #66 of 92
do we have to bring anything to attend?

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #68 of 92
Well, one thing we should learn from our Houston brethren is snacks - of course, they actually have estrogen to help that process along... seriously, if someone wants to volunteer snacks (chips, cookies, etc) and drinks (water / soda), that would be muy fantastico.

Other than that, there should be enough gear to choke a horse, and a few surprises from the ever ambitious over-acheivers (you know who you are).

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #69 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
of course, they actually have estrogen to help that process along...

I'm not quite sure how to take that remark, as I brought snacks to both Houston meets. And here I thought testosterone was oozing out of all my pores.
redface.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #70 of 92
Er, um... lo siento, I thought it was all Shelly... but, you, of all people, know how impeccable my (in)attention to detail is anyway.
evil_smiley.gif

How's about a rephrase: Open call for snacks and drinks, anyone?

Oh, and Steve, my New Years resolution is to let go of as much frustration as possible, which now includes dovetail joints (with extreme prejudice), so, Santa has a late present for you. Maybe you could step me back through a basic box joint, even though I don't (yet) have a dado, and just don't quite trust the two blade approach.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #71 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Emm, isn't the meet on the 23rd?

Yes, the 23rd is next weekend.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzpirate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do we have to bring anything to attend?

Nope but it helps if you bring your headphones to give you a baseline on the amps and/or sources you'll likely be auditioning, and you might want to also bring your own music (CDs, DAP, et al) or you'll be checking out everyone else's music - which can be fun if you're into exploring new music, but without your own music you won't get as much value out of your own impressions.

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #72 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you could step me back through a basic box joint, even though I don't (yet) have a dado, and just don't quite trust the two blade approach.

Can do Al! It's also quite possible to make them on a router table, if you have one. Either way I'll show you how to make a jig that does perfect box joints.

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #73 of 92
Also a call out for anyone that might have a Stax 4070 - that is the latest interest for wanna hear, along with a 404LE.

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #74 of 92
Everyone can thank pabbi1 for dumping this massive block iron we call an amp on me to diagnose and repair in time for the meet. Should be able to get this done in time unless something major is burned up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back