DFR and Hipdac not engaging with phone for playback.
Jan 9, 2023 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BTDSQ

New Head-Fier
Very new hear and to the world of headphones. I've been into the science and sound of music for as long as I can remember. In my last life if had the privilege of listing to a handful of truly incredible home 2 channel systems, and I few handfuls of astonishing automobile systems. Was involved in building, installing and tuning said systems. Those two areas for now are in the past. I've come to headphones as a neophyte and hope to learn the ins and it's off headphones and head-fi.

So I've run into the below issue and haven't been able t to solve it for some time.

I have a DFR and a hipdac. For a while I was using tidal through uapp and both dac/amps did their job and significantly amplified the signal as I wanted them to.

I no longer use tidal, and so, no longer use uapp.

I'm using Spotify now. I uninstalled uapp just so nothing might get messed up. whether uapp is installed or not my dac/amps don't work. For example, I hook my phone up to my DFR, and even with my phone at max volume I can barely hear anything coming from my headphones. Happens with all my headphones. With the hipdac I can hear the music but need to turn the dial to 12 to hear what I was previously hearing at 9.

So something isn't happening and I'm at witts end praying I won't have to get an iPhone or something to fix what's going on. (I don't dislike iPhones that much)

I've ruled out the dac/amps, I think.

Might someone shed some light on this issue so I can listen to my music again. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back