Deus Ex 3
Aug 31, 2011 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Fidelity_Fiend

New Head-Fier
As the title says, I'm looking forward to playing this. Just wondered if any of you fine people are already living the dream, if so what do you think? Do we have an original deus on our hands or is it more like the limp sequel? Do we ever get a skull gun for our head (Gunther lusts after what would clearly be the headfiers weapon of choice)?

Sep 2, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I cannot say if the new Deus Ex is as good as the original. Even though I am a hardcore PC gamer Deus Ex is something I never got to play back then. But I have played the new one and all I can say is that OMG! THIS GAME IS FRICKING AWESOME! Story is good even though ending leaves things open (instead of getting to know what happens to characters you get a little speech with a great message), gameplay is nothing short of fantastic (multiple different ways to do the mission, lots of room to exploration) and sidemissions are finally something worth doing. Usually in RPGs sidemissions are something along "fetch this and that" where in Deus Ex Human Revoltuion they actually are something meaningful, something relevant to the background story.

I thought Witcher 2 is a definite Game Of The Year material, but DEHR is a mighty contender. Upcoming Elderscrolls Skyrim has to do a lot of work to beat it if you ask me.

I have heard a lot of good things about the original but only now after DEHR I am inspired to play through it too.

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Whoa, thanks for the tip. I've never played D Ex at all, original or new one, but I'm a big PC gamer and keep getting bombarded with ads for it all the time. Obviously I'm going to have to try it out. Also Witcher. Can't believe how many games there are out there that I've never even touched, but then again, who has time to play them all? Got to work and stuff. I owe, I owe, so off to work I go . . . work is the curse of the game-playing class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back