detroit techno
Jan 24, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of Plastikman, Gaiser released a very plastik'esque album last year by the name of Blank Fade, been listening to it a-lot over that last week. Oh and it's on Hawtin's label Minus no less. Like Pom Pom, it's definitely a techno enthusiasts' full length but darker and more extrapolated.

Amazon

Thank you. I just ordered it online.

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #18 of 19
Love me some quality Techno-although I prefer the techier/minimal stuff.
Most of the stuff I have are live sets, but check out the X-mix series; theres one double set by Hawtin and John Aqcuaviva that is a classic 90's release.

other great sets:
Dave Clarke-@ "I Love Techno-2001"
Umek-@"I love Techno-2001"
John Acquaviva-"Transitions" (kiss 100)
And any live sets by Hawtin or Ricardo Villalobos-although those are more minimal sets.

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #19 of 19
wow. Pom Pom released a CD? I remember buying a few of the early Pom Pom 12"s about 8 years ago. Didn't know who they were then and still don't know who they are now. Can't believe they've kept the anonymity up this long! Man, I need to get a copy of that.

Will cosign that Gaiser's LP on Minus is simply AMAZING. Some of the best minimal techno I've heard lately.

HOWEVER, by far the best techno I've heard in a LONG time, and easily my favorite disc of 2008, is Carl Craig & Moritz von Oswald (aka Maurizio for all Basic Channel heads) - Recomposed. This disc sees Craig & Oswald remixing and reorganizing works by Modest Mussorgsky and Maurice Ravel. It is... simply, in a word, stunning. It is otherworldly. Highly, highly recommended to anyone even slightly interested in electronica (or krautrock, or modern classical, or...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back